Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2015, 10:43 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Do not make reservations at woodland lakes rv park near Houston, Tx

I'm a nice guy and can put up with a lot, but this - ggggggggggggrrrrrrrr!

Their cancellation policy is only revealed on your invoice after you pay !
I reserved three sites for November and in September conflicts came up where we couldn't go.

They will not refund the $50 fee per site so we are out $150 !!!!

Two months before the reservation ?!?!

I have since had a chance to ride through the park and it is NOT a nice park... not sure we could get our rv down the one track path on the side of the firehouse nor make the turn to get into the park where all the oil field workers have their work trucks and old rv's parked....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2015, 07:37 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
It's very common for campgrounds to have no refund policies. You should have inquired before making the reservations. It's a Good Sam Club campground, have you inquired from them about a refund?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:53 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Not very common in my short time rv'ing since the 70's
In fact, this may be the first time I found out about it AFTER I paid !

Most common IMHO is first nights if you cancel within 24 - 48 hours... not 60 days !!!

I will be posting it over at rv.net to see there response - thanks
Old 09-25-2015, 03:02 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Cancellation policy was posted on the website when we made reservations
last year. Agree it is somewhat severe, but they were upfront about it and we knew what we were getting into beforehand. There are a lot of special events in Houston and I can understand their concern with cancellations. I do not know if they tell you the policy when making reservations over the phone.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:08 PM   #5

It's a bummer but it's the camper's responsibility to find out the cancellation policy before making the reservation. We reserve at many places and by the time you pay the fees for canceling you get nothing or very little back. So if we make reservations and can't make it we don't bother calling to cancel, I figure if I don't get a refund then it will sit empty so the campground doesn't get to make double. That's my policy

You should be thanking them, since the park and the people who stay there are not up to your standards, they are saving you the indignity of being subject to patronizing a establishment not up to your standards. A small price to pay for someone of your stature I would think...
Old 10-05-2015, 04:07 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Due to what I consider poor customer relations we seldom make reservations, especially with businesses that believe in scalping the customer. I have traveled (in hotels) for over 20 years and have never been accustomed to this type of "highway" robbery. I am used to cancel 24 hours prior or in some of the more customer friendly places of cancel by 6:00 pm. What is with RV parks? It is not like they have spent any money on the site if you cancel 24 hours before. Only been at the RV travel for a couple of years but am sure I will avoid Woodland Lakes.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
I couldn't find their cancellation policy.
If you actually found out about the policy AFTER you're billed, you've got a valid issue for a CC dispute. Take it up with your CC processor and you'll most likely get a full refund.

In terms of ratings, it seems to be rated fair to good with complaints about "full time" in the back. The worst review was yours and although you've perhaps got a legit complaint about reservation refund, I'm not sure that the camp warrants 0 stars?
Old 10-06-2015, 08:45 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Sandman, you are so right, some of us have standards and some don't...
usually imposed by the high maintenance 'better half'

The fact that the cancellation policy is ONLY on the paid receipt email is a hint...

I will take some pictures next time through to let you decide if it meets your standards.