Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2011, 07:19 AM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Easter Trip - TN or SC

We are thinking about heading out over Easter break. We were thinking either Myrtle Beach or Pigeon Forge area. We have three small kids which is not too hard to keep entertained.

Thoughts on both places and where do you guys like to stay at while there.
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2011, 07:29 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
We have been to both areas. Camping near Pigeon Forge. Hotel at Myrtle. We had the Grands, 4 and 9 at Myrtle. Lots to do at both. I would probably opt for the beach with the kids. But if time on the road is an issue the mountains will be fun too.
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:44 AM   #3

I've been to both as well. Plenty to do at both for kids of all ages. If you select MB my choice would be to stay at Huntington Beach State Park. Great beach, across the road from Brookgreen Gardens, close to great seafood in Murrels Inlet, wonderful golf courses if so inclined. You are out of the main flow of MB traffic, but not so far away that with your toad you can do all the shoping, eating, playing you and the kids can stand.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:05 AM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Earl, How old are the kids? what type of campground are you looking for? Our preference is for quiet at that point - need to recharge after the winter. We have been going to the same campground Near MB for the last 5 years, and the boys (now 10 and 12) have consistently said its the "BEST" campground they ever went to. Partly because the 10 year old was able to learn to ride his bike without training wheels there. But it's a quiet, less than 150 campsites, pool (not heated) but that didn't bother the boys. Not by the beach, but the water is cold that time of year. We just sit and relax and recharge, and are doing it again this year!
Purplefans & Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:19 AM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Kids: 7, 5, 2.

We have been to MB in hotels before the kids. We have never been to TN yet. From Harrisburg, PA we are about the same travel time to either destination.

I doubt the pools would be open in MB in April?
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:42 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you elect to go to MB, both Ocean Lakes RV park (at the southern end near Surfside Beach) and Myrtle Beach Travel Park (at the northern end) have heated indoor pools. There is plenty to do in MB for sure. Our favorite is Ocean Lakes.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our friends ALWAYS stay at Pirateland - I hear they have a lazy river (not heated), golf carts for rent, and lots happening. They love it. We checked it out one day and thought the campers were too close together, and it was too loud for us. MB is short and short sleeves, sun on the face, a nice warm (usually) spring day. Maybe TN is warmer?
Purplefans & Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #8

Earl,

I can't speak for Pigeon Forge having never been there. But seeing as you have been to MB you might want to consider Chattanooga, TN as a possible destination. Lots of stuff to see and do. Kids would love MB though, but it sounds like you might be hedging a bit on it.

Bob
Old 01-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #9

I agree with smlranger Oceanlakes is a great place. It has beach, pools, mini golf, and is gated. We love going there, Easter is when everything starts to open for the season down there also. Have fun Steve
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
One thing to consider is weather. Easter is late this year (April 24) so temperatures could be moderate. Although if you're looking to enjoy the beach, the water at MB might still be chilly.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hunnington Beach State Park is #1. But not #1 for the kids. Oceanlakes, Lakewood or Pirateland would be best for the kids. Better make reservations, Easter is wide open.
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Hi ejm4,
I've been to both MB and Pigeon Forge many times. One can flip a coin as to where the kids will enjoy themselves the most. At this time I would choose Pigeon Forge. Stay at any of the CGs in Sevierville (right next door to Pigeon Forge). The tipping point for me is the variety of shows at Pigeon Forge. All are good clean American entertainment (G Rated). The Great Smokey Mountains National Park is also there to enjoy.

From your location, one can enjoy the beach a lot easier than one can enjoy what is in Pigeon Forge.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We camp MB 5 to 6 times a year. Have stayed at Oceanlakes, Lakewood and Pirateland. Can't go wrong with any of them. Oceanlakes is our preferred CG. It seems to have more for the kids to do. Our kids are grown now, but we do take the grand kids once in a while. We will be there again in May.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #14

I have also been both places and would have to go with Gatlinburg TN. eara, the beach would be OK but the water will be way to cold to get in, Both towns in TN have tons to do for kids that age and the Aquarium is awsome in Gatlinburg and if the weather permits Dollywood is great.

Dar & Barb
1STGENDAR is offline   Reply With Quote