Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2016, 02:28 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Eastern Mass Fall Camping

DW and I very recently bought a new-to-us motorhome and have been out to state parks the last couple of weekends. We need to get out at least once more before the weather gets too cold.

Since we have to keep it in storage the easiest way to winterize it would be to spend a weekend at a campground with full hookups, so I can empty and flush the tanks at my leisure and then fill all the requisite bits of the plumbing with RV antifreeze.

Since we don't yet have a way to tow the car we drive separately, so I'd like to keep it close to the Boston area, South Shore preferably.

So does anybody have a recommendation of a nice campground that has full hookups to spend a weekend at that is in the area?

Thanks!
affreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2016, 02:36 PM   #2

We just checked into Thousand Trails Gateway to Cape Cod. (Rochester) Plenty of sites open as we are at the end of their season. We bought a zone pass on Sept 16 and have already used it in 4 parks. Very good value for the$. In site C64.. stop by and I'll try to help or answer questions about TT. We are here for a week.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by affreeman View Post
DW and I very recently bought a new-to-us motorhome and have been out to state parks the last couple of weekends. We need to get out at least once more before the weather gets too cold.

Since we have to keep it in storage the easiest way to winterize it would be to spend a weekend at a campground with full hookups, so I can empty and flush the tanks at my leisure and then fill all the requisite bits of the plumbing with RV antifreeze.

Since we don't yet have a way to tow the car we drive separately, so I'd like to keep it close to the Boston area, South Shore preferably.

So does anybody have a recommendation of a nice campground that has full hookups to spend a weekend at that is in the area?

Thanks!

Wompatuck state park in Hingham. I've never camped there, but have stayed at other MA SP's and its always been OK
Old 09-30-2016, 03:42 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobile785 View Post
Wompatuck state park in Hingham. I've never camped there, but have stayed at other MA SP's and its always been OK
We've stayed at Wompatuck and love it, but in this particular instance I want a spot with full hookups.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:30 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
af, there's a fairly large KOA in Middleboro, on Rt 44 about 3 miles east of I-495. They're open until Nov 15, and they have quite a few full hookup 50A sites.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 02 DS40, FL, Cat, '04 Element NHSO RVM103
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 09:38 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Normandy Farms gets high reviews.

New England's Luxury Family Camping Resort

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:01 PM   #7

KZ RV Club
Fishermens Memorial SP

Went to Fishermens Menmorial SP in Narragansett RI,near the Pt Judith ferry.Full hookups, beautiful grounds,easy in and out.
Popsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:14 PM   #8

FWIW if you get the rinsing and dumping done at the campground the filling might be easier at home. If you have not done it before with that unit I'd check to see that I had the tubing and fittings needed to suck out the antifreeze. YMMV ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:33 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
FWIW if you get the rinsing and dumping done at the campground the filling might be easier at home. If you have not done it before with that unit I'd check to see that I had the tubing and fittings needed to suck out the antifreeze. YMMV ;-)
I can't do anything at home. We live in a condo and I doubt I could get the rig anywhere within a few blocks of home. The best I've done is the parking lot of the local Walmart. The MH lives at a storage facility about 25 minutes away.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:49 AM   #10

Guess you are stuck then. The real point was to have any fittings and tubing you need.

On ours it's a 1/2 inch pipe thread fitting to the intake so I need a hose barb that size and a couple of feet of plastic tubing to fit the barb. I pull a plug so I need a couple of wrenches and I use a couple of short pieces of 4x4 to set the jugs on. On the old rig I set the jugs on a short step ladder as it was an outside fitting. Either way the second year I did it was hours faster than the first time because I had to round up the pieces. The HW tank plug is awkward to get to so a socket won't work. Yours is probably different but line up the pieces early. Use them late. ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping