Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2018, 03:06 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Electric costs

For those of you that go south for the winter, be it tx, az, FL or wherever, when you rent a space for the winter, and they bill you for the electric, what would you say would be an average bill?
Vw triker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2018, 03:29 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Tampa $0.1496 kwh

Here is a recent thread discussing this question with a wide variety of costs
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/cost-...-404286-2.html
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vw triker View Post
For those of you that go south for the winter, be it tx, az, FL or wherever, when you rent a space for the winter, and they bill you for the electric, what would you say would be an average bill?
It will depend, obviously, on the cost per kilowatt hour and the amount of electricity used.

A rough rule of thumb is that a big RV with an absorption refrigerator will use about 15 kwh/day if no climate control is needed. Moderate use of air conditioners or electric heat will raise that to about 30 kwh/day.

A four-door absorption refrigerator will account for about 7 kwh/day of the electricity; a residential unit will be more like 1.5-2 kwh/day, so adjust the above numbers if you have a residential refrigerator.

Electric rates vary a lot depending on where you are, but in Texas, Florida, or Arizona, will usually not exceed 20 cents/kwh.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:56 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I understand kwh per hour. Just wondering how much actual money a month average it cost to stay in a campground that charged electric extra.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:52 AM   #5
YC1

I can't give you an average just some information.

Northern Calif for the month of July was $450. August was about $340. I closed off the bedroom during the day. Two air conditioners running full tilt in the summer in Sacramento Valley. Ouch.

In Florida on my property with well pump, Mobile home with refer and AC and property lights runs around 350 a month in the heat. Winter is about half that.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:03 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks YC1, about what I figured. That's the info I was looking for. A little bit higher than I expected.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:16 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
just got back from Hemet Ca. south part of state. August ran me $233 for the month with both ac's running.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vw triker View Post
I understand kwh per hour. Just wondering how much actual money a month average it cost to stay in a campground that charged electric extra.
Well you can get the "actual money" if you do a tiny bit of math, and adjust for a residential refrigerator if necessary. I apologize for trying to provide an answer that you can apply to your own situation.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:59 AM   #9

New Horizons Owners Club
Mine runs between 150-250 per month
CDWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:44 AM   #10
YC1

I noticed a small TT adjacent to me and the lone occupant spent a lot of time lounging outdoors in the shade so his electric bill and one AC unit on his rv probably put him around $100 or less. I noticed a lot of the RV's using propane for their HWH. We use electric and cook with electric. I don't know how much propane is costing them. Probably cheaper than electric in calif.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:52 AM   #11

We stay in casa granda AZ from Nov 1st and leave Apr 1st and just the power runs 50 to 65 depends on how much we use the AC
Ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 08:22 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Tampa East campground just adds $60 a month to your seasonal rate no matter how much you use/don't use.

-
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:06 PM   #13

Tried Elect everything for 5 weeks including heat and bill was less than $30.00. But some parks charge more for electric per kwh than others. This was in Congress AZ, at the SKP park in Feb.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:31 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mission TX.
I have a rental lot with a Casita. It has a washer, dryer, and frig (no heat or air). I rent to folks that have all had 40' DPs. Their bills have averaged around $100 a month. 2013-2017. It is rented from Oct-April. ~10-11 cent a KWH

https://www.texaselectricrates.com/c...bmit=Get+Rates
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alaska, alaska trip, electric