Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #15

You can order them from the Carmichael Ca. Elks Ph 916-331-5863 e-mail elkstravelguides@comcast.net Their are 3 guides at $12.00 each covering Ak, Az, Ca, Id, Nv, Or &Wa guide 2 Co,Ks,Mt,Ne,Nm,Nd,Ok,Sd,Tx,Ut&Wy guide 3 Al,Ar,Fl,Ga,La,Ms,Nc,Sc,&Tn guide 4 the 21 states left and costs $18.00 The books list address, hrs. open and hookups available and price average $10 -$15. I saved $150.00 on the first 3 week trip and met a bunch of brother Elks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #16

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I joined some years ago, then they closed the lodge and moved the membership to another city which was too far to go to easily plus I started working swing and couldn't go. Sent them a letter asking for a Demit, have never received even an acknowledgment of it or a letter of Demit.
I bought my directory from the WA state lodge when I was there once.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:38 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
If the only reason You are wanting to join is for low cost RV Parking You will for sure get a cool reception. The Elks are like every other Service Club wanting to encourage New Members ,who wish to contribute to their local Branch by participating in their activities and projects in the local community!
They are a quazi Christian Organisation not just a bunch of Folks who sit around drinking at a Private Bar!
Old 04-29-2012, 06:47 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
You can google that. I checked both Moose and Elks the other day and one had the locations listed by state.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #19

Who said anything about joining for low cost parking? I am a 30 year member.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRV
If the only reason You are wanting to join is for low cost RV Parking You will for sure get a cool reception. The Elks are like every other Service Club wanting to encourage New Members ,who wish to contribute to their local Branch by participating in their activities and projects in the local community!
They are a quazi Christian Organisation not just a bunch of Folks who sit around drinking at a Private Bar!
Who said Cheap parking was the only reason , who mentioned sitting around drinking at a bar ?
Do Christians really judge others like this ?
Old 05-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
The point that I was trying to make is that Most People that I have encountered ,when discussing Service Clubs are looking for cheap Camping and have heard that the Elks was the Best Deal !

Many Brag about their Legion Halls Etc. as being inexpensive places to get a Meal and where the Members can Have a few more Beers or Cocktails at Much lower prices than the Regular Watering Holes.

This seems to be the "Attraction" for most non members during these discussions!

In Fact these service Clubs are doing great work and are interested in signing up New Members whenever possible, Not just for the cheap camping and Cocktails but to actually provide an active role in the Organization!

Nothing said was meant to Imply otherwise!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #22

Staying at the Elks Lodge in Redding, Ca. 250 Elks Drive and it is very nice Lodge. $20 no sewer hookup but they do have sewer dump station. 30 & 50amp service. They also have a pool. Very Nice.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lault View Post
Come on to Ft Walton Beach Fl, we will welcome you to the Elks, the Elks on the beach. Come by boat or wheels.
My wife and live in Grayton beach. We are here in the winter and plan to travel in summers in our new Tiffin Red. It seems like you are the the lodge to join. Would you pm me about how we could join and the process costs etc.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #24

My husband was an Elk for many years. Then we went full time and he gave it up ( wished now he had taken a demit). We really want to get back into it so that we know we have a family no matter where in this great country we are. We understand that you have to go to a lodge in your town. Since our "town" is a mailing service in Green Cove Springs, Fl.we wouldn't ever be in that area. We spend winters in Gulf Shores, Al. And would love to join the lodge in Foley. Can anyone tell us how to go about finding out if this is,possible. We were both very active in the different lodges we belonged to and want that since of belonging again.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaming nana View Post
My husband was an Elk for many years. Then we went full time and he gave it up ( wished now he had taken a demit). We really want to get back into it so that we know we have a family no matter where in this great country we are. We understand that you have to go to a lodge in your town. Since our "town" is a mailing service in Green Cove Springs, Fl.we wouldn't ever be in that area. We spend winters in Gulf Shores, Al. And would love to join the lodge in Foley. Can anyone tell us how to go about finding out if this is,possible. We were both very active in the different lodges we belonged to and want that since of belonging again.
Walk in and say "Hi". I am a Elk and we love knowing anywhere we go in the US we have a friend or 2 or 400.. The Elks believe in God and Love our Country and are a bunch of all around nice people. To Quote Frank Burns from M.A.S.H "It's Nice being Nice to the Nice"....... ........
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #26

Quote:
Hi! My wife and I have been full-timing for 7 years, and belong to several camping organizations, Thousandtrails, RPI, ROD, and others. Currently, we are joining the Elks. They have a lot of locations to stop at on our travels. My family lives in St. Charles Mo. Close by is a Elks club, so it gives us a place to to stop when we are in town. We are joining a club in Harlingen Tx, which is where we winter. But you can stop and use any of the clubs your near that have space. All Elks Clubs don't have RV parking, and only some have full hook up. Many have electric. There is a set of 4 books that I'm ordering today that covers the entire US on all the amenities of each Elks Club, including their RV accommodations. I'm told a donation of $8. To $15. A night is expected, which is cheap. And as you know they always have a lot of activities.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #27

Quote:

I'd suggest you them a call and tell them you were once a member of a different lodge and would like to join the Foley lodge because you winter in that area. I don't think there is a requirement that you live in the immediate area of the Lodge.
Lodge Contacts
  • Exalted Ruler: John R Dunn
  • Secretary: Ma (Tom) Tomlinson
Lodge Location

Gulf Coast, AL No. 2782
2621 S Juniper St
Foley, AL 36535-9237

Lodge Mailing Address

Gulf Coast, AL No. 2782
2621 S Juniper St
Foley, AL 36535-9237

Lodge Contact Information
  • Telephone: (251)971-2782 (Lodge)
  • Telephone: (251)971-2781 (Office)
  • Fax: (251)971-2783 (Lodge)
  • E-mail: elks2782@gulftel.com (Lodge)
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Like said, show up at a lodge tell them where you were initiated and they will "probably" reinstate you with little hoopla. They usually like to get to know you first and have someone propose you . Prices of camping have gone up a bit as most lodges are in financial straits and have found the camping brings in a fair share of cash.

Along with camping Elks are the # 2 provider of scholarships second only to the Fed are very generous in charitable works and as of right now in a declining membership mode. Young people just don't join.

Don G
Santa Clara,CA Lodge 2347