Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV CAMPING FORUMS > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #1

Elks

I contacted our local lodge ( boulder) about membership , they sent an application form that requires 2 existing members that know me ,to support my application .
Without being a member , how can I get to meet existing members that would be willing to support my application ???

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #2

I am an Elk's member. I would suggest contacting the Exalted Ruler and explain the problem. As a rule most Elk lodges are looking for new members. Just call the Lodge and they should put you in contact.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #3

Go to your local lodge if the door is locked ring buzzer and they will let you in as a guest. Talk to them about joining and you should get all the help you need, always looking for new members. I have been a member for 28 years, we stay at lodges when we are traveling lots of lodges have RV parking with hookups. Boulder has 8 sites with W&E dump at the lodge.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #4

Thanks for the positive responses , I had called into the lodge a number of times without success , I then emailed and received a rather " cold " response , two further emails and I received an application by post , no accompanying note or words of welcome . At this point I decided not to proceed .
However bolstered by you guys I will complete the application and deliver it personally .
Old 03-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #5

Are there other Elks lodges in the area? I'm sure one of them would be happy to take you in as a member. We have visited many Elks lodges all over the US and it seems one common factor is they all need new members. If you a different lodge you should be welcome as a guest at the Boulder lodge.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
ELKS

Sorry you are not getting very positive responses. You are right to deliver your application personally. You should find someone there who will be glad to help you through the process. As a long time Elk who is a full timer, I find a VERY warm reception at most all lodges, and a lot of folks very helpful with any questions I have about the community. Keep at it, I think you will find the BPOE to be a very rewarding experience..........Jim
Old 03-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
We visited our local (Durango) lodge as guests and members were falling over themselves to sponsor new members. It seems new membership is down. Good group with worthy goals.

'05 Lance 845/'06 F-250 or '99 Alpine 36SDS Usually towing an '01 Wrangler locked on 35"s or moderate '98 Cherokee on 33"s (rear locker only)
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #8

I have never heard of a Elks lodge not wanting new members it is like all social organizations, membership is getting older and the younger generation does not have time for this type organization. Calling in you are probably talking to a lodge manager or bartender lots of times they are not a member just a payed employee. we have stayed at lodges in Az. Ca. Nm. Nev. and always had a very friendly reception. I think you will have a good reception in person and ask if the Exalted Ruler is there. My Elkdom Travel Guide lists the Boulder Lodge meetings 2nd & 4th Thur.7:30 pm, bar open 2-6 pm Tu.-Fri. hope this helps.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #9

Form completed , will report how it goes
Old 03-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #10

Question Hmmm?

If they are making it that difficult and treating you that poorly, do you really want to be a member?

Just my 2-cents.

Happy Camping!
Turn Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #11

Come on to Ft Walton Beach Fl, we will welcome you to the Elks, the Elks on the beach. Come by boat or wheels.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #12

As advised I delivered application by hand and received a warm welcome , unfortunately having moved to USA from UK 3 years ago we are permanent residents but not eligible for citizenship until 5th year , there for not able to join elks ! Thanks for all the support and I will reapply after we are granted ( hopefully) citizenship
Old 04-27-2012, 12:46 AM   #13

Elk Lodges- looking for book with RV spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmorc View Post
Go to your local lodge if the door is locked ring buzzer and they will let you in as a guest. Talk to them about joining and you should get all the help you need, always looking for new members. I have been a member for 28 years, we stay at lodges when we are traveling lots of lodges have RV parking with hookups. Boulder has 8 sites with W&E dump at the lodge.
anyone out there knows where I can get the book showing what Elk Lodges have RV parking and hook up?
Old 04-27-2012, 05:36 AM   #14

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
I also would like a directory.

Life Member 41 years
BPOE 532
Wilmington, NC

Just Because is offline   Reply With Quote