Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2016, 10:09 AM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Escapees Bushnell, FL park

We are looking for a park in central FL for the month of January. We would like to save the money with an Escapees park, and are looking at the one in Bushnell. I'm hoping some of you can give me info on this park!

1. I've heard there is no WiFi. Correct?

2. How is the Verizon cell service there?

3. Can you tell me specific sites that will accommodate a 40' MH and provide good Direct TV service?

4. How would you rate the park overall, say on a scale of 1 to 10? We don't insist on a high-end park but want one that is not a dump! We won't be using the public bathrooms or showers.

Any other comments will be greatly appreciated!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2016, 11:08 AM   #2

Joe,

I do not live very far from there. I actually thought of trying that place out if i just need to get the coach out. So i will swing by there and get you what information and pictures I can. Verizon service all around here is very good. There is also Quail Run is a highly rated park not too far south of Bushnell
Pacakazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 01:26 PM   #3

You might want to post this on the Escapees forum for more comments. Good luck!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 01:28 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
You might want to post this on the Escapees forum for more comments. Good luck!

Good idea! I'll do that!
Old 05-11-2016, 01:29 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacakazz View Post
Joe,

I do not live very far from there. I actually thought of trying that place out if i just need to get the coach out. So i will swing by there and get you what information and pictures I can. Verizon service all around here is very good. There is also Quail Run is a highly rated park not too far south of Bushnell

That would be awesome! I will hold off making reservations until I hear back from you!
Old 05-11-2016, 07:57 PM   #6

American Coach Owners Club
If that doesn't work out there is an Escapees park a little farther south at Zolfo Springs that get good marks from the people I have met who stay there.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:35 PM   #7

We have not been in awhile but it is not a dump. Its a nice basic park. Some of the sites are older but if you make a reservation and are specific about the size of your rig you will be fine. The people are, as at most Escapees parks, very nice. Call them and ask your questions
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:53 AM   #8

Joe, not sure what your costs would be at that park, but we spent last Feb and March about 30 miles south in Zephyrhills. We were at Waters Edge, a carefree resort second year in a row. It was $525 per month plus electric. Good Verizon service and we had Brighthouse Cable with WIFI. That was around $100 per month.

I don't know if that is the price range you are looking at or not, but it may help with comparisons around central Florida.

We like Zephyrhills so much, we decided to buy a lot at Emerald Pointe RV Resort so we always have a place to go. No reservations necessary. Good luck on your search.
Tom
Old 05-12-2016, 11:33 AM   #9

The Escapees park is $340 plus electric.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:09 PM   #10

Joe,

just got back from there and one more local location. Please send me a PM at your convenience and i will update you and send you pictures.

Paul
Old 05-12-2016, 12:48 PM   #11

No, according to the paperwork i got today, it is actually $370.60 / month as a member. There is plenty of space for big rigs and a toad. It is grass lots, gravel driveways, with a concrete patio pad. some trees. there is no WIFI, no cable, no pool or amenities. Very Basic. But the folks there were very nice. there is a "gathering room" (i guess that was what that was).
if you want Jan. reservations, you had better call them now, as he was unsure if he had anymore 50amp locations available, but could put you on a list if one comes available. Still PM me as i have some other info
Old 05-12-2016, 04:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacakazz View Post
No, according to the paperwork i got today, it is actually $370.60 / month as a member. There is plenty of space for big rigs and a toad. It is grass lots, gravel driveways, with a concrete patio pad. some trees. there is no WIFI, no cable, no pool or amenities. Very Basic. But the folks there were very nice. there is a "gathering room" (i guess that was what that was).
if you want Jan. reservations, you had better call them now, as he was unsure if he had anymore 50amp locations available, but could put you on a list if one comes available. Still PM me as i have some other info
Yes, the rate is $340 + $1/day if you want 50A = approx. $370/m. There is supposed to be a WiFi Hotspot.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:42 PM   #13

Joe ,we stay in Zephyrhills also,at Whites RV park on Chancey Rd,Very good prices and a very nice pool ,clean laundry Matt and is a very quiet park,we stay for 3 months .We enjoy Zephyrhills
Mr Plymouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:42 PM   #14

you are correct, if you want 50AMP it is $370.60 plus electrical usage, but there is no longer any WIFI, pool, or Cable available as in the past.
I was there today and discussed all this with them.