Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Let us just use the term "RV Park" without any use of other words. They are different, each and every RV Park. I have stayed in beautiful RV Parks, and I have stayed in RV Parks that are definitely not worth going back to.

With that said, I am an SKP member. I have not stayed at Livingston, but we have visited and toured in the TOAD. Would I stay there? Yes. Would I purchase a lot there? No, and for many different reasons. With that said, the OP posted an observation, and one that I have observed myself. Livingston SKP park would not be one of my favorite parks. However, we have stayed at beautiful SKP parks. Just this past summer we stayed at one where every lot was 55 feet wide, by 80 feet long, well maintained, very nice landscaping, and just an all-around beautiful park. And all for $118 a week. Entrance purchase(lease) fee is $10K. That is what being an SKP can get you. Please do not judge all SKP parks by one park, good or not so good.

So shop around.
Where is the park with the big lots?
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64

Most RV parks are located near a Big Lots or Dollar Store. Wayne will know all the locations. He is a living GPS. I follow his directions often.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
I know that the one we stayed at in Fairhope, Alabama had grass sites about that large. $85/week as I recall.

We spent several weeks at Livingston while we "became Texans". They first put us in the section by the road but I could only take that one night and they were happy to move us into the wooded area. We enjoyed it very much.

We didn't take notice of any trashy sites and saw the cabins as just that... "vacation" type cabins and as such some were in better shape that others. Although I've heard the opinion expressed before about SKP being "clicky"... I've been a member for five years and have never witnessed any of that myself.

IMHO, those saying that they enjoy the park aren't being defensive but merely pointing out the differences between SKP parks and others. They aren't for everybody but there are many, many members who feel the membership is a bargain.

Thanks for the review.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
You have provided an excellent review of the campground; I encourage you to post it on RV Park Reviews :: Home so more people can read it. Reviews posted in these forums are useful, but RVParkReviews is a clearing house used by many RVers.
x 2! I live by those reviews and I contribute as much as I can to them.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #19

It would be nice to know upfront if an RV park/campground was:

A cheap housing alternative; or
A retirement village; or
A resort/vacation destination.

Most times you don't find out until it's too late.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote