Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Eugene Or. Question

We re planning a trip to the Eugene area possibly next Spring.
Id like to know what RV parks are in the area that I could check out online.
Even a little out of the area would suffice.
Thanks for any help and sites.

donnie(K7UTA), Linda, and 2furrykid s Buddy & Rain
2016 SouthWind32VS, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
donie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This index.htm is a great place.

Wayne & Roberta and Maggie the Miracle Dog
08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis
Making the Journey in our Destination

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by donie View Post
...Id like to know what RV parks are in the area that I could check out online....
hi donnie

we like to use;
RV Park Reviews :: Oregon

regards, peter
peter & larry... tiffin 2015 allegro 36LA ~ chevy 2009 HHR tow
we're here... http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=12260
our blog... http://wllrtr.tumblr.com
pdq_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
junction city

We stayed at a very nice one in Junction City just north of Eugene about 8 weeks ago. I can't remember the name but it was right on the river. We also like staying in Summerlin a lot. There are a couple of good parks there. By all means if you have any work that needs to be done on your motor home get it done in Eugene. Many great RV shops there.
B Bob
Country Coach 42' Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #5
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar
Holiday Farms RV Park outside of McKenzie Bridge is GREAT. We planned on a couple of nights and stayed 5. It is in the country, clean, well managed, all utilities (50amp), near the McKenzie river (1000 ft), and about 45 miles to Eugene and about 80 to Bend/Sisters etc. A covered bridge about 1 mile and several within driving distance, backroads for bicycling, and Hot Springs a half hour drive that are natural flow. (clothing optional... at our age clothing mandatory).
2008 Jeep Sahara '4Dr"
Ronnie Bledsoe
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
Newmar Owners Club
We stayed at Deer Wood RV park just outside of Eugene. A little tight but not bad. Concrete level sites with grassy area between.
2007 Newmar DSDP 4023
Discovery is seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought.
If you want to see what man made go East; if you want to see what God made go West.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #7
Monaco Owners Club
Armitage County Park is the best we`ve found in the Eugene area -- The spaces are a good distant apart, & good WiFi -- It`s very well kept & a short distant from town -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We stayed at Eugene Kamping World RV Park in Coberg, Or. It was okay as an over nighter or to have work done in the area. I think that is where they used to arrange pick up for the factory tours.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix) Formerly of Bellingham,WA'05 Winnebago Journey 36G. FL-XC, Cat 350, aero muffler, AFE filter, 4 FSD Koni's, ultra track bell, SafeT+, FMCA397030, WIT 129107
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #9
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I vote for Armitage Count RV Park. We visited the one in Junction City and we would not stay there. Armitage was much nicer - and - it's only $25 a night. It is actually situated in/close to Coburg, OR, with a Eugene address. It is 3.5 miles from Freightliner, Cummins, etc., service. If you have a dog they have a very large doggy park on-site. Be aware that you have to make reservations on line at least two days ahead of your scheduled visit. There is a length restriction, however the CG Host will assist you in extending for two days at a time based on availability. Check out their web site.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:51 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I actually lived at Deerwood RV Park for a year so I can vouch for the friendly atmosphere and clean bathrooms and laundry room. (You can see some "real photos" of the park on my blog. There is a slide show at the bottom of campgrounds with many photos of Deerwood names)

I would stay away from Premier RV just off of exit 199- the freeway noise is awful and I did not like the "feel" of it when I was looking at places to stay.

Armitage County Park was not open yet when I was there in 2007-2008 but I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Ohhh- You may still get a discount at Deerwood RV Park if you tell hem you would like the "MonacoMama special discount". Mike, Blake or Kenny would know about it.

I am curious how long you will be up there and if you will have extra time to see other sights. There are many things to catch...including the possibility of seeing a bald eagle family nesting. Let me know if you need any other tips on sights to see... I hope you have a great time while in the area.
*MonacoMama with the 2 Pins & SacsTC Nearby*
*2007 Monaco Diplomat 40' SFT<>2006 Chevy VortecMax Toad<>2006 Buick Lucerne Leading the Way*
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:13 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mona, we re not sure at this point how long we ll be there.
Probably, best guess, at least a week.
Main reason for the trip is to visit relatives in the area I havent seen in several years.
LAst trip to Yellowstone, we had the privilege of seeing a Bald Eagle nesting along the highway. They were beautiful.

donnie(K7UTA), Linda, and 2furrykid s Buddy & Rain
2016 SouthWind32VS, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
donie is offline   Reply With Quote