Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2007, 06:07 AM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Has anyone been to Evergaldes Holiday Park at the end of Griffin Rd., Ft. Lauderdale?
I have checked the reviews and don't find anything.
We want to go to the Ft. Laud. are for Thanksgiving week to see kids and a bunch of family in the area, Hollywood, Cooper City, Coral Springs. A lot of territory !
We usually stay at Yatch Haven, but they just put in a new rule, no dogs over 20lbs.
OUrs had been there 4 times in the past. This was a blow. And our second choice was TY Park and that is closed due to renovations !!
All the parks on Okland Park and Commerical and in Pompano Bch are terrible.
Not much for Rv's in this area.
Any Idea or knowledge of Everglades H. P. would be appreciated.

Tow 2001 PT Cruiser
Colette and Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2007, 06:07 AM   #2

Appalachian Campers
Has anyone been to Evergaldes Holiday Park at the end of Griffin Rd., Ft. Lauderdale?
I have checked the reviews and don't find anything.
We want to go to the Ft. Laud. are for Thanksgiving week to see kids and a bunch of family in the area, Hollywood, Cooper City, Coral Springs. A lot of territory !
We usually stay at Yatch Haven, but they just put in a new rule, no dogs over 20lbs.
OUrs had been there 4 times in the past. This was a blow. And our second choice was TY Park and that is closed due to renovations !!
All the parks on Okland Park and Commerical and in Pompano Bch are terrible.
Not much for Rv's in this area.
Any Idea or knowledge of Everglades H. P. would be appreciated.

Tow 2001 PT Cruiser
Old 09-19-2007, 07:29 PM   #3

Holiday park is on the edge of the evergladesiI I would rate it about 3 out of 10...kinda seedy..
I have stayed in Markham park which is about 5 miles north at 595 & SR 84..Many of the trees have been leveled from the hurricane 2 years ago. some of the sites are HUGE QUIET all FHU as of last year. about $23.00 day there are 3 boat ramps and many of the sites butt agains a canal that you can leave your boat in water at your site. shooting range in park, model airplane field, I like this park ..a little busy on week ends but campsite are set away from most activies..
AlSO CB park is about 10mi s of 595 on flamingo rd. sites are reg size...
closer to ft lauderdale is Easterling nice all paved in Oakland park close to I 95
info for county parks=== www.broward.org/parks/camping.htm
NEIL

2000 JIMMY 4X4 (toad)
Neil C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:13 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I agree with Neil C, not a place I'd go. Last time I visited the area there were a few trailers that were older in poor repair. Also saw individuals walking around that I would not want around my unit.
Brigadoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:32 AM   #5

Appalachian Campers
Niel and Terry, thanks for your input.
We just discovered CB Smith last night, did a virtual earth look at it and were amazed. In all my searching this park was not coming up.
It is so well located to what are needs are, directly across the street from Joe's aunt, hop on Sawgrass to Coral Springs for one daughter and a straight shot down Hollywood blvd to the other daughter. plus a cousin about 8 blocks away in Cooper City WOW
And the sites are so huge!!!! WE are simply amazed and trying to get a reservation this morning.

Thanks again.

Tow 2001 PT Cruiser
Old 10-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #6

Tobacco Road !
Old 10-04-2007, 07:13 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Collette and Joe, did you ever find out any more about CB Smith? I am considering staying there, but know nothing about it, only that they have space avail. Wonder why, when all others are booked up for February?
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote