Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2006, 03:26 PM   #1

If you are looking for a first class big rig friendly RV park in the Amish country of Ohio, this is the one.

We just spent 4 days there with our Gulf Streamers Ohio Cardinals Chapter with 23 units attending and we were all really impressed with the Evergreen Park. Each site is large, the pull thrus are big enough that I was able to pull our 41' coach with the Explorer hooked up with room to spare for the length. The Back ins that some of our group were in were just as big.
Each pad is blacktopped that is plenty wide so that you step out of the coach onto blacktop which is welcomed being the wet weather that we had with the rain.

It is a pet friendly park, which Tobie, our Papillon, really appreciated. The have a poop station complete with plastic bags and a covered waste container for the bags to be placed in.

The showers are huge with a dressing area for each with frosted glass doors for privacy. They were spotless and almost would make one feel guilty if they messed them up.

The indoor pool was fantastic as was the hot tub. Once again so clean. The recreation hall is equipped with games, pool table, tables to play board games and had Bow Flex exercise equipment.

The office personnel were very friendly and it made you feel welcome as soon as you walk in the door.

The only negative was that the pads could have been leveled more lengthwise. Most of us had to lower one end of the coach all the way and raise the opposite end up all the way with the jacks to be level. It is a shame that they didn't level the sites just a few more inches.
But with the whole park being so nice, it was just a minor inconvenience.

The Evergreen Park RV Resort is open all year, so the facilities were installed with this in mind. There are no seasonal or yearly rates. They do have a few tent sites and primitive cabins.

The location makes it perfect if you want to tour the Holmes county Amish area. It is located within easy driving of some of the best Amish restaurants.

Evergreen Park RV Resort

Ron

GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2006, 03:26 PM   #2

If you are looking for a first class big rig friendly RV park in the Amish country of Ohio, this is the one.

We just spent 4 days there with our Gulf Streamers Ohio Cardinals Chapter with 23 units attending and we were all really impressed with the Evergreen Park. Each site is large, the pull thrus are big enough that I was able to pull our 41' coach with the Explorer hooked up with room to spare for the length. The Back ins that some of our group were in were just as big.
Each pad is blacktopped that is plenty wide so that you step out of the coach onto blacktop which is welcomed being the wet weather that we had with the rain.

It is a pet friendly park, which Tobie, our Papillon, really appreciated. The have a poop station complete with plastic bags and a covered waste container for the bags to be placed in.

The showers are huge with a dressing area for each with frosted glass doors for privacy. They were spotless and almost would make one feel guilty if they messed them up.

The indoor pool was fantastic as was the hot tub. Once again so clean. The recreation hall is equipped with games, pool table, tables to play board games and had Bow Flex exercise equipment.

The office personnel were very friendly and it made you feel welcome as soon as you walk in the door.

The only negative was that the pads could have been leveled more lengthwise. Most of us had to lower one end of the coach all the way and raise the opposite end up all the way with the jacks to be level. It is a shame that they didn't level the sites just a few more inches.
But with the whole park being so nice, it was just a minor inconvenience.

The Evergreen Park RV Resort is open all year, so the facilities were installed with this in mind. There are no seasonal or yearly rates. They do have a few tent sites and primitive cabins.

The location makes it perfect if you want to tour the Holmes county Amish area. It is located within easy driving of some of the best Amish restaurants.

Evergreen Park RV Resort

Ron

Old 09-25-2006, 05:03 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I'm glad you guys had a good time there. We drove thru there a month or so ago and looked it over. There werent many people there that weekend. I was real disappointed with how they put those asphalt approaches in. Almost all of them, I thought, would be difficult to level on unless you had a trailer. I also thought they had them too close together. The width of the sites were too narrow in my opinion.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:35 AM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

You guys from Ohio make it tough to form an opinion...

Tomato------Tomatoe
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:41 AM   #5

Guess I should list the range of the lot sizes in my review so that everyone will know.

Most pull thrus are 30+ ft wide and range in length from 65' to 73' long.

The back in lots wider and range in lengths of 44' to 85'.

When you check in, they give you a map of the Resort that has the lot number and the length of each lot listed on it. Nice touch, you know right away if your rig will fit either with your toad attached or not.

We had plenty of room for our 40' coach with four slide outs and awning to be out with room to spare. The length of our lot was 67' that allowed us to have the Explorer hooked up ready to tow with room to spare.

A nice touch is the 20' long split rail fence with shrubs that separate the pull thrus and some of the backin sites so that you are not sitting under your awning looking at your neighbors sewer hose, water hose and electrical cord. Each site also has a raised portable fire ring for those that want to build a campfire.

The sites are "Big Rig" friendly and the resort is listed as such in the new FMCA Atlas which I just receieved last week. Like I stated earlier, most lots should be a little more level length wise.

There Bob, now you can make your own decision if there is enough real estate.

Ron

Old 10-02-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
It's all in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Dave & I were with ISLAPP when we drove through this new campground. I will agree that the sites aren't too level front to back. It would have taken very little effort for them to have done this to make the sites more motorhome-leveling friendly, especially at a new campground being formed from the ground up that is trying to cater to the big rigs. And I also agree that the back-in, perimiter sites seemed to have more "elbow room" than the pull-throughs in the middle of the park. Although, if the Pond Piggies ever gathered here for an outting, we probably wouldn't care about the site widths & I would suggest we'd all go for the back in sites rather than the pull-thrus to alleviate the levelling problems.

That being said, the campground does have really top-notch ammenities (pool, hot tub, laundry, game room, cable tv & free wi-fi). The showerhouse/restrooms are, honestly, immaculate & have real glass doors like Ron stated. And you can walk from the campground to Rubys for a bite to eat. All in all, I think this is a very nice campground, despite the site widths.

My only real complaint (unless they've changed it since I mentioned it to them back in June) is their 10AM check out time. That's just too early in my book. I'm a late sleeper.

L-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:11 PM   #7

Check out time is now 11:00am but they are flexible on that since we did not check out until noon with some of our group.

Check in time is 1:00pm, but the paper I have says that is flexible also depending on site availability.

As far as the leveling issue, I guess the owners of the coach with air suspension have a big advantage over those that don't since we can lower our suspension on the higher end making it easier to level.

Ron