Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2006, 02:32 PM   #1

Location: Pasadena, MD, USA (between Baltimore and Annapolis)
Have you ever been in a RV Resort where hard working guests, who contribute significantly to making the Park a most enjoyable experience, have been evicted because of trivial personal conflicts?

Sadly to say, I just witnessed such an occurrence at River Breeze RV Resort in Ehrenberg, Arizona, a small beautiful park on the Colorado River. For the past three months River Breeze has been a truly wonderful Snowbird experience. A couple of ladies had taken it upon themselves to organize activities that everyone thoroughly enjoyed. These ladies loved what they did and their personalities were magnetic. Everyone loved them, not only for what they were doing in the park to make the Snowbird experience most enjoyable, but as truly loving people.

Unfortunately, the park's ownership and management elected to conduct business based upon personalities rather than on sound business practices. For what ever reason, the park's manage had her feelings hurt over a truly miniscule trivial incident. Within a week, this incident escalated into three evictions from the park for being "trouble makers." It appeared that a "trouble maker" was anyone who dared to criticize management in private. Within a week, the atmosphere in the park went from a "Rocky Mountain High" to "Death Valley Blues." In addition to the three that were evicted from the park, two others moved out voluntarily in support of the "trouble makers." The owner lost over $2,700/ month, unnecessarily, for the next three months. Unbelievable!

I just don't understand how an eviction over a trivial incident could have happened or am I to naive to believe that the customer is always right?

Jack Wilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2006, 02:32 PM   #2

Have you ever been in a RV Resort where hard working guests, who contribute significantly to making the Park a most enjoyable experience, have been evicted because of trivial personal conflicts?

Sadly to say, I just witnessed such an occurrence at River Breeze RV Resort in Ehrenberg, Arizona, a small beautiful park on the Colorado River. For the past three months River Breeze has been a truly wonderful Snowbird experience. A couple of ladies had taken it upon themselves to organize activities that everyone thoroughly enjoyed. These ladies loved what they did and their personalities were magnetic. Everyone loved them, not only for what they were doing in the park to make the Snowbird experience most enjoyable, but as truly loving people.

Unfortunately, the park's ownership and management elected to conduct business based upon personalities rather than on sound business practices. For what ever reason, the park's manage had her feelings hurt over a truly miniscule trivial incident. Within a week, this incident escalated into three evictions from the park for being "trouble makers." It appeared that a "trouble maker" was anyone who dared to criticize management in private. Within a week, the atmosphere in the park went from a "Rocky Mountain High" to "Death Valley Blues." In addition to the three that were evicted from the park, two others moved out voluntarily in support of the "trouble makers." The owner lost over $2,700/ month, unnecessarily, for the next three months. Unbelievable!

I just don't understand how an eviction over a trivial incident could have happened or am I to naive to believe that the customer is always right?

Old 01-04-2006, 02:43 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

That is so sad when personalities get involved.
The management makes the rules. I guess it was "worth it" to lose the income to make an example.
Chet
Old 01-05-2006, 05:54 AM   #4

It seems, unfortunitely, that some people tend to take some things to personal. Perhaps this is one of those times. Women, no insult here, seem to react personally more often than men, but it is not always the case. I hope things heal in the park.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #5

Since posting this thread, there has been considerable discussion on another forum regarding "hearing" both sides of the story. The Park's management has responded on another forum on the same issues raised in this thread thus far. You may wish to view their response at the following link:

http://www.campingworld.com/forums/index.cfm/fuseaction...a/pging/1/page/3.cfm

I regret that I originally failed to adequately define "trivial." You may now decide if incidents enumerated and expanded upon below constitute reason for eviction from a RV resort.

I made the original post in support of the injured party, of which I am not one of them, but have first hand knowledge of the entire situation. The injured party does not have internet access and asked me to make the post. For the purpose of this post I will refer to the injured party as IP and management as M.

It appears that "they" were kicked out because they confronted management with issued described below.

Next, the facts, paraphrased from an e-mail and letter to the park's owner written by IP:

M notified IP that on Halloween night there would be a wiener roast and that IP had better be there or it would hurt her feelings and "you really don't want to do that!" M further stated that M was very sensitive and easily offended and no one wants that! Needless to say, we all attended. Shortly after that, everyone in the Park started to receive countless notices regarding everything from daring to impose on M's private time to that of picking up after pets. Some of the notices were valid issues, but most seemed to result from M's sensitive feelings.

All notices were apparently carbon copied to the Owner, which implies that Owner supports M on these issues.

On November 15, 2005, All Park Guests received a 2-page diatribe, because one of the Park Guests (also evicted from the park for being a trouble maker) bumped into M, who was in the hot tub, drinking a bottle of beer. The guest attempted to make chit-chat conversation with M regarding the cement being poured for the Park Model near the pool. The Park Guest felt that by talking about something that M was familiar with would make her feel part of the group while not infringing on her personal life. Apparently this was a big mistake! The November 15th notice entitled "For All Concerned! Re: Park Models/Concrete" resulted from a casual conversation and was subsequently distributed to everyone in the Park.

Park guest received various notices regarding $50 fines for not cleaning up after pets, $10 fines for parking in the wrong spot, notices about driving through unoccupied spots, notices about not walking on anyone else's spot without permission, notices about not driving over 5 mph in the Park, and notices about parking only in front of your spot. These notices continued endlessly. In as much as these notices were all capitalized, IP impression was that M was shouting at us.

IP had some concerns regarding the cleanliness of Park Recreation Room. When IP first arrived the room was filthy. There were spider webs to the roof. There is no hot water. The room is overrun with mice so no food can be stored there. The Park guests had to clean it before we used it. IP spent 2 hours on a ladder cleaning down the cob webs. We are concerned about this being a health hazard.

The bathrooms are filthy. They are only cleaned every 7-10 days. IP would clean the showers every night before leaving the washroom and another park guest wash the mirrors regularly.

Spider webs and lint are everywhere in the laundry room. Park guests usually take the initiative and clean the laundry room. The washing machines are never wiped out and are often full of dog hair.

On or about Nov. 25, 2005, M started locking the bathrooms as recommended by the local Sheriff due to vagrants being in the area. A medical condition requires IP to have access to a bathroom 24 hours a day. IP discussed this problem with M and M gave IP a key to the bathroom. On Dec. 31, 2005, at approximately 10 a.m., M ordered that IP return her bathroom key. IP feel that this action was in retaliation for voicing her disapproval, the same day, pertaining to the manner in which the Christmas decorations were judged. It was understood that park guest would vote on the winner. A notice was sent out to park guest to come to the recreation room at noon on 31 December and the winner of the decoration contest would be announced. However, there was no vote and at noon on the 31st, a notice was posted in the recreation room; M and owner had selected a selected the winner.

On the afternoon of Dec. 31st, an office staff person (hereafter identified as OSP) came to IP's RV to collect IP's bathroom key. IP's husband told her he felt that was ridiculous but gave her the key and asked that M give IP a call. M did not call and on January 2nd IP went to the Office and asked if a locksmith was called. IP told M that it was a significant inconvenience for IP being denied access to the bathroom and IP thought it was probably illegal to do so. This all took place before 10 a.m. By 12 p.m. IP had other guests coming to see why IP was being evicted from the Park. A park guest (left in support of IP and here after identified as G1) overheard M on the phone with the Sheriff stating that M would be evicting someone from the Park and that M felt M would have problems. G1 asked OSP who was being evicted and M told him Space 12A. OSP phoned IP's RV and advised IP that M wanted to see IP. IP chose not to go to the Office; after all, IP is the paying guest.

At approximately 1:00 p.m., on December 31, 2005, IP received a letter telling IP that if IP was not happy, then IP should leave. After reading the letter, IP's husband went to see M. M advised him to tell his, "****ing B**** Wife (IP) to shut her (IP) ****ing mouth." IP's husband asked what it was IP said and M refused to talk to him. M turned her back and refused to talk with IP's husband or answer his questions.

If anyone in the Park supports the other guests, M attacks them. M has approached several guests and told them IP generated all the problems here and that four people would be evicted--apparently the ones who feel M is wrong and dare to disagree with her.

On Jan. 3rd, M came to IP's RV with her brother and OSP. M told IP to call owner and that if IP was unhappy then IP should leave. In fact, M felt that was what IP should do. IP asked what rumors I was suppose to have started. M refused to answer. IP asked if M to apologize for calling the Sheriff before speaking to IP and M denied calling the Sheriff. M told IP to get the man who heard her--so IP asked G1 to join in the conversation. M called him a liar, and when he challenged her on her statement, OSP defended G1's story, M stalked off, telling us "if we were really Christians we would look outside of the Park and see there were others worse off." Several other park guests witnessed this confrontation.

IP believes that the whole Park feels the ongoing negative atmosphere, created by the Office, is making it so uncomfortable to be here. If M would actually go to the people M has problems with and discusses the issues instead of making everything a personal attack and sending notices to everyone in the Park regarding every little problem, things would run a lot smoother here. IP never said anything regarding this Park to anyone that IP hadn't first taken to the office for M to attempt to fix. M has yet to fix anything before it becomes an issue.

M is never gracious or even borderline polite when M speaks to anyone in the Park. M has a foul mouth and swears at anyone who does anything M doesn't like. The Office is closed so often that Park patrons never know when it is open or closed. Recently, notices relative to office hours were sent out to the sites, but not adhered to. Several Park Guests have been approached by new people to find out what the hours are and were unable to get information because we no longer have any idea of the hours they choose to open.

IP's words edited: "Subsequent to composing this letter (to owner), myself and two other couples have been served with eviction notices. B and B have spent countless hours organizing activities for the patrons of your Park. They are loved and supported by everyone here. This will prove to be an expensive mistake for you because they are so liked by everyone. I believe there will be a loss of several patrons because of the actions M took today and because the three of us do have support of many Park patrons. It is my intention to send copies of this letter to RV web sites and magazines that you advertise in. In all the Parks that we have stayed in, I have never had a problem or a negative word said in regards to me. I have never seen a Park go downhill so fast. We all returned this year because we loved it last year. Last year's manager, J, was great. M has managed it right down the toilet!

I suppose you can choose to ignore this letter as from a disgruntled patron, but don't ignore the damage M is doing to your business. Writing this letter serves no purpose for me now, only to improve things for your other guests, but be assured that M is running your business into the ground."

I hope that the above clears up any misunderstanding as to what was originally described as "trivial."

Old 01-08-2006, 05:05 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> bumped into M, who was in the hot tub, drinking a bottle of beer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having glass bottles in a hot tub is cause for eviciton in itself!

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:49 AM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
A very interesting saga that depicts the manager to be entirely at blame, but there's always more than one interpretation to any dispute.

I welcome the manager of the River Breeze RV Resort, Michelle Pedro, to join iRV2 and post her version of the dispute. I'll send her an invitation to the "Contact Us" email address on the Internet, Riverbreeze@i10net.com, and extend the offer. Perhaps others will join me.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:26 AM   #8
doc

Appalachian Campers
This is a letter the manager of the park sent to the moderator of another forum.
I have no dog in this fight, but am amazed that folks will post the same information in several forums. Curious bystander

Quote:

Dear RV Snowbird Moderator,
Fisrt of all, please allow me to thank you kindly for bringing this to my attention. My name is Michelle and I am the manager here at River Breeze RV Resort Park. I am shocked to hear they posted these non factual comments for all to view! Please let me set the record straight once and for all. First of all, the two who supposedly contributed significantly to the parks activites did so, without regard to asking all the others here what their thoughts were as far as what the monthly planner would consist of. They took it apon themselves to set the activities on a daily basis as they saw fit. If someone had reservations to any or all of this, they would then rudly ignore and or totally oust them from any of their meetings. They have been coming here now for three years now. I have heard numerous complaints regarding their lack of kindness to many in this park. They had a small group of sites whom they treated as humans. The rest were treated in a rude and disregarding way. I also was treated with much disrespect. I did all I could do to win thier approval but, sadly I too was shunned by them no matter what I did! I started having complaints about them on a daily basis. Then there was an incident which took place here and that pretty much sealed their fate. I called he owner who had me go and give them his number to call him. They chose not to. Instead they began going around to different sites and spreading negative and misleading information about the Owner, Manger and my staff! So, due to this action on their part, the owner requested I return their monies to them and evict them out immediately. I had a very diffucult time getting thru this as, I know this was right by the owner and the park and its tenants but, my feelings of sadness got the best of me. If I could have convinced them to act differently and or treat the rest of the snowbirds here with some respect, I would have gladly let them stay. I have to let you know that within 24 hours the atmosphere in this park took a 90 degree turn from long faces, anger and resentment to happy, peaceful and contentment. So, without a doubt, I know I made the right choice. I would much prefer to lose five sites then to lose twenty five. With all who were complaining about them, this would have eventually come full circle. So, even though they posted this negative information about this park, manager and staff, I still wish them the best in their travels. To all of those who have responded to the posting with positive remarks. Please allow me to personally Thank You. Please know that we have 100% agreement and approval from the remainder of our tenants regarding this eviction.

Sincerely,
Michelle/Park Manager
Old 01-17-2006, 12:21 PM   #9

No sympathy here. The CG owner has the last say in managing the business. Tenants have the last say where they spend their money. If the RVers don't like the conditions, they are free to spend their money elsewhere.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:51 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack Wilkinson:
...Park guest received various notices regarding $50 fines for not cleaning up after pets, $10 fines for parking in the wrong spot, notices about driving through unoccupied spots, notices about not walking on anyone else's spot without permission, notices about not driving over 5 mph in the Park, and notices about parking only in front of your spot. These notices continued endlessly...The bathrooms are filthy. They are only cleaned every 7-10 days... Spider webs and lint are everywhere in the laundry room. Park guests usually take the initiative and clean the laundry room. The washing machines are never wiped out and are often full of dog hair....M started locking the bathrooms as recommended by the local Sheriff due to vagrants being in the area... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have been long gone. Why would anyone want to stay someplace like that? I would tell them where to stick their $50 fine! Does someone follow you with a camera to make sure you pick up after your pet? When I rent a site (full hook-ups or not) I am paying for a clean bathroom that I can use 24 hours a day 7 days a week. If they have to lock the bathroom then they should use a combination lock and give all guests the combination.