Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2015, 06:00 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Explain the 2 "Bluewater Key" RV Resorts?

I am hoping that someone could explain the difference between these 2 places to make reservations for the same place? Do the owner's run one site? here are the 2 different sites.......
Bluewater Key: "The ONLY OFFICIAL lot rentals and website for Bluewater Key RV Resort", The Most Beautiful RV Camping sites in Key West!

and Bluewater Key RV Resort , http://www.bluewaterkey.net/visiting.pdf

I guess I could just call and ask.........If you notice, the one states Not Affiliated with Bluewater Key RV Ownership Park Property Owners Association Inc.'s Rental Program - And PROUD of it!
and the other states on their homepage "The ONLY OFFICIAL lot rentals and website for Bluewater Key RV Resort" So if anyone could answer my question........or knows how the two rent sites at the same place......... what is going on here
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2015, 06:05 PM   #2

Same street addresses.
coupevilleDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:10 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
when we rented from them we used the second web link. it seemed that had more choices (more owners) and better prices. same place, same great location,
Old 01-28-2015, 07:17 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
when we rented from them we used the second web link. it seemed that had more choices (more owners) and better prices. same place, same great location,
Hi Bob, did you call and talk to both place's? Do you understand why there are two places to call, 2 different web sites?, separate from one another, for the same location?
Old 01-28-2015, 07:24 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Blue Water Key is a condo RV park, and all of the sites are privately owned. There are 2 associations that are working as rental agents for the owners. That's about all I know, except that we have been through the park and it is very pretty and very expensive.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:21 PM   #6
NRF

Monaco Owners Club
Interesting. I know a guy there who is an owner of several lots there - going to ask him about it. When I booked, I used the first site - called them - and set up my reservation.
NRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:39 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Each one has different lots for rent, the cancellation policies are different as well as deposit policy. We used Bluewater.com for a weeks stay last November, no reservation problems, great location nice park.
sevenmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:42 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRF View Post
Interesting. I know a guy there who is an owner of several lots there - going to ask him about it. When I booked, I used the first site - called them - and set up my reservation.
If you speak to your friend, please update........ I have never ran into this before.........kinda odd
Old 01-29-2015, 04:30 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
This is the situation as I understand it:

The .net people broke away from the original owners' association due to the politics that inevitably arise when you combine people, money, egos, and a unique luxury. There were disagreements among some owners with some of the association's policies and they decided to secede and run their privately owned lots their own way.

If memory serves, the .net organization represents about 25 of the 81 sites at BWK.

I have rented from both organizations and had positive experiences with both.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:43 AM   #10

I don't believe you can 'secede' from a HOA.

My understanding is that, just like the condo park in central FL that my family owns in, the HOA / property management group that runs the park takes a big slice of the rental fees. In our case it's 30%. In the case of Bluewater, the dissident owners merely spent a few hundred bucks to set up their own website where you can rent sites directly from the owners themselves.

Bottom line, you get a cheaper rental and the owner gets a few more bucks in their pocket.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Blue Water Key is a condo RV park, and all of the sites are privately owned. There are 2 associations that are working as rental agents for the owners. That's about all I know, except that we have been through the park and it is very pretty and very expensive.
This.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:30 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
This is the situation as I understand it:

The .net people broke away from the original owners' association due to the politics that inevitably arise when you combine people, money, egos, and a unique luxury. There were disagreements among some owners with some of the association's policies and they decided to secede and run their privately owned lots their own way.

If memory serves, the .net organization represents about 25 of the 81 sites at BWK.

I have rented from both organizations and had positive experiences with both.
I am going to call tomorrow, but from what I read on Bluewater.net's web site , under the "Work here" tab, there are 21 owner's that broke away like you said.........and rent their lots on their own.....

http://www.bluewaterkey.net/
Old 01-29-2015, 06:10 PM   #13
NRF

Monaco Owners Club
USMCRET has it right. Didn't know those were the folks with the other website, though.
NRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:59 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
[QUOTE=USMCRET;2402317]This is the situation as I understand it:

QUOTE]
I called today, the above post is exactly is what is going on..........

Tags
water