Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #1

Falling Waters SP, Florida

Has anyone stayed at this SP on I-10 between Tall/Pens? We're headed to Jacksonville for the Gator Bowl and are considering this as an overnight layover spot. This seems like a good "halfway" point to let the kids unwind for an evening. Any other CG suggestions for the general area are appreciated as well.

Thanks

SteelPlayN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2010, 05:56 AM   #2

Rivers Edge RV Park is a nice Passport America park. It is closer to Pensacola and about 1 mile off of I-10 at exit 45 in Holt. We had been headed to Blackwater River SP but the road going in was flooded and we found Rivers Edge by mistake. We had a real big corner lot close to the river with 50 amp for $14.50 earlier this year. Check RVParkReviews.com in Chipley on Falling Waters SP, looks ok based on previous reviews.

Bob

Old 12-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #3

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Falling Waters is a nice state park, small, a bit tight for a big rig, and popular. Reservations through Resort America would be a must. In other words, you MAY get lucky by just showing up, but probably not, even as cold as it is in the Panhandle right now.

One of the local amateur radio clubs holds a get together there every year, a beautiful place that may make you want to stay awhile.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:44 AM   #4

Thanks for the help Bob and RRAY. Bob, that's a handy site....it's now in my favorites list for future reference.

Being a "leasure trip" i'm not sure how far I want to push it the first day. We may just wing it. I'm reserved in Jacksonville at Hannah SP for the remainder of the week. Then on friday & saturday we move to the stadium to cheer on our Bulldogs and to enjoy all the bowl game/ new year's eve festivities.

Thanks again RRAY for the insight on Falling Waters . If we don't stay on the way, we may reserve a spot for the return trip. And if anyone is in the Jacksonville area for the Gator Bowl or just because...look us up. There's always a good time not far away.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
We have stayed twice this Fall at East Bank Campsites on Lake Seminole which is about 35 miles west of Tallahassie, and not far off I-10. It is an Army Corps. of Engineers Park, it is wonderful.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #6

Post trip update

Well we made it and had a great time in the process. Our Bulldogs made us proud and other than the week starting out a little cold, the weather was perfect. I did have a little trouble on the way down. Made it to Ponce De Leon and stopped to check lights and hookups on the toad. When we got back on the road I had trouble making power... took a while to get up to speed. Believe it or not....there are hills in North Florida. Eventually got to where she wouldn't do anymore than 55mph w/o cutting out and missing. After a little and reassuring the wife I would take care of the issue(I hoped), I narrowed the problem down to the fuel filter. Being that we had made it to Tallahassee and it was now late at night with no parts stores open to test my theory I decided to limp on to Jacksonville while the traffic was light. Changed the part the next morning and presto....ran like a top. We then made our way to Katherine Hanna Park and it was even better than we imagined. GREAT place to spend a week at the beach. Kids loved it, wife loved it, therefore Dad loved it too. Return voyage was smooth with no problems at all. Now to start planning our next adventure.