Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2005, 04:24 PM   #1

Does anyone know of any CGs near Fayetteville? We are at Ft Bragg and can't go too far on wkends because dh is on call and needs to be able to get back quick. Also, the only way we can stay Sat night is if he can get back to preach on Sun morning and then back to camp.

thanks in advance

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2005, 04:24 PM   #2

Does anyone know of any CGs near Fayetteville? We are at Ft Bragg and can't go too far on wkends because dh is on call and needs to be able to get back quick. Also, the only way we can stay Sat night is if he can get back to preach on Sun morning and then back to camp.

thanks in advance

Old 11-16-2005, 12:33 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
There is one by the municipal airport but I cant remember the name exactly. Something like Lazy Acres. Nice little place. Not a lot of ammenities but we have used it several times during family reunions. There is also a KOA off I-95. They would have more ammenities but the price is higher too. Good luck and enjoy!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 02:57 AM   #4

Thanks. I'll look again in my AAA campbook, but they don't show much around here and I know there is. Do you know a better camping guide and where I could get it?

Old 11-17-2005, 12:41 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
We have used Trailer Life directory for many years. Don't know that it is the best but it has been ok for us.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:16 PM   #6

I went online to find the trailer life directory and found a coleman's guide to state/national parks. We like those the best for the view, so I ordered it.

They had woodall's and trailer life. Do you think that trailer life is better than woodall's?

Also, I noticed that trailer life is somehow linked with good sam clubs. We are with AAA. Which one would be the best. The AAA campbooks are not that helpful. The guidebooks are wonderful though.

Old 11-18-2005, 12:37 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Trailer Life and Good Sams are in the same family. Don't know if Woodals or Trailer Life is better. For the RVers I would think that Good Sam would be superior to AAA Auto CLub for help and info for the camper. Did you find the info on Lazy Acres yet? If you need more help I can look it up on Deloreme Mapping software for their ph # of three years or so ago. Let me know.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:42 AM   #8

thanks for the info. I will look into Good Sam. I want to go to the bookstore and see if they have both books and then see which one's layout is easier for me.

I have not had a change to find the info on Lazy Acres yet, it has been crazy. I have been in bed most of the morning today with a stomach bug...well, dh thinks it is morning sickness, we will see. As soon as I am feeling better, we will look into it.

Old 03-16-2006, 03:15 AM   #9

Send a message via ICQ to Pat Z Send a message via AIM to Pat Z Send a message via Yahoo to Pat Z
My Son in Law is stationed at Bragg and we have staying at the Fayettevile KOA off exit 61 in Wade for years. In the past few years new owners have taken over and they are great. They have made a lot of improvements and go out of there way to accomidate you.
We always made this our first stop on the way to Florida before my daughter moved there.