Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
finding campgrounds

Moderator, if this is not appropriate, please delete.

I am having a terrible time finding a campground that is any good between Nebraska City, Ne and St Jo, MO on I29. Also from St Jo to Hannibal, MO on Hwy 36.
I have tried RV park reviews and don't seem to find anything across that area that is worth staying at and close to the Highway. Really would like full hookups.
I tried a KOA in rock port, Mo but web site and phone have been disconnected!

Anyone able to help me out?

Thanks,
red

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #2

Excel Owners Club
If this has to be moved I deleted my message...Red PM me or I'll post what I said in Off Topic....

Old 09-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I Have Moved It...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcow View Post
Moderator, if this is not appropriate, please delete.

I am having a terrible time finding a campground that is any good between Nebraska City, Ne and St Jo, MO on I29. Also from St Jo to Hannibal, MO on Hwy 36.
I have tried RV park reviews and don't seem to find anything across that area that is worth staying at and close to the Highway. Really would like full hookups.
I tried a KOA in rock port, Mo but web site and phone have been disconnected!

Anyone able to help me out?

Thanks,
red
Red, This is an appropriate topic..but I want to get plenty of feedback so I am personally moving it to the Camping Locations & Information Forum. I have left a "re-direct" here in Excel too.

I hope you are able to get lots of options this way!
Mama
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
MS Streets & Trips/Woodall's lists Tina's Elk Motel & RV Park with a Rockport address just off I-29 at Nishnabotna. No ratings info. Full hookups and "some extended stay sites." Phone: (660)744-6241. From jct I-29 & Hwy 111/Hwy E (exit 107): Go 300 ft W on access road.

On 36, they list Shoemaker RV Park at 955 N Macon St in Bevier, MO. (800) 530-5923 They have a good rating. Rural setting. Level sites with concrete pads.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
MS Streets & Trips/Woodall's lists Tina's Elk Motel & RV Park with a Rockport address just off I-29 at Nishnabotna. No ratings info. Full hookups and "some extended stay sites." Phone: (660)744-6241. From jct I-29 & Hwy 111/Hwy E (exit 107): Go 300 ft W on access road.

On 36, they list Shoemaker RV Park at 955 N Macon St in Bevier, MO. (800) 530-5923 They have a good rating. Rural setting. Level sites with concrete pads.
Thanks for the info. I called the Tina's Elk place and got a recording saying "rv park is open, $16 nite, park on West side of building". That sounds a little scary to me since I can find no info about it.

red
Old 09-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Found Tina's

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcow View Post
Thanks for the info. I called the Tina's Elk place and got a recording saying "rv park is open, $16 nite, park on West side of building". That sounds a little scary to me since I can find no info about it.

red
I am back from my hair cut and took a moment on this... I have found Tina's here.. You can zoom in to look at it closer too, Red.

I will gather info on the other one soon....
Old 09-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Shoemaker's RV

You will find some info about Shoemaker's at the Google map here ... It is part of Shoemaker's RV Sales
The photos look nice....
Old 09-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
I am back from my hair cut and took a moment on this... I have found Tina's here.. You can zoom in to look at it closer too, Red.

I will gather info on the other one soon....
MM,

Thanks for looking. Shomakers looks very nice but does not fit in our schedule for miles.
I can not find any info about Tina's except the map.
I might try calling again later and see if I get a "real person"

Thanks,
red
Old 09-10-2009, 07:52 AM   #9
paz

Mark Twain Lake Corps of Engineers is a nice campground is near Hannibal. It has full hookups available.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #10

Waubonsie State Park is 6 miles east of I29 on Iowa hwy 2. It has a beautiful campground with electrical. It's on the bluff overlooking the MO River Valley. This would be about 8 miles East of Nebraska City. We've stayed there twice and would certainly go back. Should be plenty of room this time of year unless it's a weekend.

Nexus Ghost
richf is offline   Reply With Quote