Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2015, 08:08 AM   #29

FWIW ReserveAmerica does all the NYS parks. If you can reserve in advance it helps. Even if you are planning on doing a walk in looking at the web site will let you figure out whether or not there is electric available for a given day. Due to the reservation system the parks tend to be available mid week and booked on the weekends. There are some peak weeks that are all booked. It really pays to look ahead.

We have also stayed at a couple of the private campgrounds but I do not think they can handle your length at the one's I'm thinking of. Ferenbaugh can S of Watkins Glen can. They may be a good option if you are doing Corning Glass or the Elmira soaring museum. I do not think Flint Creek can. Not sure of the places around Bath but they would be well located for Hammondsport. On the north side I would avoid Hejamada.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2015, 02:11 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Here is another nice place we have visited......in Bath, NY Hickory Hill Family Camping Resort
Old 01-08-2015, 02:18 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
We may spend some time in the Ithaca area, has anyone stayed at Spruce Row Campground?
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:01 PM   #32

Nor'easters Club
We have been to Ithaca many times, grew up there. Spruce Row is ok, but not my first choice. It is located on the side of a hill, the sites are mostly level, but closer than I like. We have stayed at the Pinecreek Campground in Newfield and liked it better. We have also stayed at Taughannook and Robert Treman State Parks and had a good time. For the state parks, you can reserve you site via the NYS Campground Reservations site.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:27 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Does anyone know if the Trains are still doing Excursions in the Finger Lakes area?
Old 01-10-2015, 05:58 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc8375 View Post
Does anyone know if the Trains are still doing Excursions in the Finger Lakes area?
I know Finger Lakes Railway does a dinner train at least couple times during the summer. Other than that I don't know of any others. Lot's of limos and buses doing wine tours every day.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:08 PM   #35

Excellent post about the beautiful Finger Lake Region. I've passed through in the car several times, but really want to get there in the RV perhaps this summer.

That's what's so great about this forum. There's so much valuable information from like-minded folks

cheers,
Joopy
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:09 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks again for everyones input. we have reservations for 2 weeks in July. If any sees a MUST SEE or MUST DO attraction that that has not be discussed please let me know or add to the thread.

THANKS
CC
Old 01-13-2015, 01:29 PM   #37

Quote:
what town / city is the KOA, Sunset Circle?
Sorry about not getting back to your question. It's just south of Watkins Glen a bit.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:30 PM   #38

Quote:
Thanks again for everyones input. we have reservations for 2 weeks in July. If any sees a MUST SEE or MUST DO attraction that that has not be discussed please let me know or add to the thread.

THANKS
CC
Which campground did you choose to stay in? Just curious.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote