Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2013, 05:09 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
Bring ear plugs for swimming. Son picked up a swimmers ear bacterial infection from the pool just last week.
Good to know, so it is warm enough in orlando to swim now?
Mgel2584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #16

Yep, warm enough to swim. I'm at Disney right now. Came for work and the campground was all booked up due to Easter. Sad no camping for us. Looks like nice weather for the weekend, crappy today.
GuidoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:07 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey muffin, talk about old, weren't you here when Walt was designing Foet Wilderness?
Say hi to your lovely wife for us!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Speaking of booked up, we have never seen Fort Wilderness so full. The lady that checked us in stated that the cabins are 100% booked, and the camp sites are also. Riding around in the golf cart reflects that. Have never seen it this full and we stop by twice a year!
I will say the staff handles it with no problems and with the usual "Mickey" smile on their face.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #19

Quote:
Good to know, so it is warm enough in orlando to swim now?
May depend on you. Our pool at the winter home is solar heated. Grandkids were here last week and thought the swimming was great. I get cold just sticking my hand in to grab a sample for chlorine check. Central Florida had the coldest March on record this year (average temp somewhere around 60). If you live where winter coats and snow shovels are normal, you will likely think the swimming is great. Me, I will wait a month or so.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #20

I now know what the big fuss about is about Fort Wilderness, this is much better than staying at any other Disney resort. We are having a great time at the campgrounds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4116481112.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	684.0 KB
ID:	36501
Old 04-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #21

That is a real nice unit. Congratulations on winning the "Who's the Best Grandparents" competition. The only bad thing about FW is that it spoils you for other camping spots. When you get back home you should check out fortfiends.net and DISDisney.com so you can plan your next trip because you only live 2 days from DW and you already know you will be back. I will be there in May and October and maybe December. I hope we bump into each other soon.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by D in Davie View Post
That is a real nice unit. Congratulations on winning the "Who's the Best Grandparents" competition. The only bad thing about FW is that it spoils you for other camping spots. When you get back home you should check out fortfiends.net and DISDisney.com so you can plan your next trip because you only live 2 days from DW and you already know you will be back. I will be there in May and October and maybe December. I hope we bump into each other soon.
Davie, you are right we are already planning another trip in Aug or Sept to enjoy more time at Fort Wilderness. We are hooked.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:02 AM   #23

We usually go the week before Halloween, most of the sites are decorated for halloween, cool in the mornings and evenings and warm during the day. and yes it's still warm enough to swim during the day. Been going every other year for the past 8 years. I'll be there October 19th - 27th staying at a prem site.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #24

Heading back to Fort Wilderness the second weekend of September with the Grandkids again. This will be our second trip this year. We used only two of our four day hopper pass last April. Looking forward to another great time at Disney with the family.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #25

Evergreen Owners Club
we will also be heading there in late October it will be our first time, my 5 year old is going to love it

mike
Old 08-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
... my 5 year old is going to love it

mike
And so will you.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #27

We were just there in July. We paid for a premium site($$$) for our 40 ft. While we fit it was very tight. The vegetation does separate you somewhat from your neighbor. They really cram you in there. Staff was typical Disney. Personally I was not all that enamored by it. Not for the money you pay.
Dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #28

We love Fort Wilderness..we have stayed 2 or 3 times a year for many years...late October is very nice...pumpkin carving contests..costume parade..nice weather..they had a hay ride as well with the "headless horseman in hot pursuit"...you can see the electric parade on the water at night from the beach...also watch the fireworks...golf carts are available to rent...you can decorate them at Halloween...we also went the last week of the year and first week of the New Year...so you can take a boat across to the Magic Kingdom and watch all the New Years Eve Fireworks and then take the boat back to the campground...no traffic and parking to worry about...everything is decorated for the holidays...also take the boat across to the Fort Wilderness Lodge and sit by the awesome fireplace in the lobby...all transportation is included with your campground site....be it mono rail, bus, boat, etc...also if you make any purchases while you are at another resort...they will send them to the "country store" in the campground...
time2rv is offline   Reply With Quote