Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Florida

We are traveling to Florida in two weeks to give the new MH a maiden voyage, any tips on places to stay? We have never been there before.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
If you go to the keys, make sure to have a reservation somewhere. They have laws against overnight camping except in a CG. Good luck on your maiden voyage! I hope you have many many miles of happy travels.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #3

Congrats. We have only stayed at Kissimmee KOA, and Disney's Fort Wilderness. We loved both of them. They offer 2 different experiences. KOA is very clean but very little trees. Everyone there seemed more friendly. I think it was because the campers at Disney all seemed to be on a mission with their adgenda. IMHO Ft. Wilderness is typical Disney class. Lots of foliage and plenty of activities. The only down side at the Ft. is that the sites are tight for some bigger rigs.
Graniteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #4

If you're coming into Florida, traveling S on I95, a visit to St Augustine is a must.
Do a search of campgrounds in the St A area and you should be able to find something to your liking.
The City of St. Augustine is starting a celebration that will be going on for the next four years. In 2015 St A will be
celebrating it's 450th birthday/founding. http://www.staugustine-450.com/s16-o...emoration.aspx

The red pins in picture below are some of the campground locations in the area.
Wishing you a wonderful trip to FLA!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-662076731.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	547.3 KB
ID:	18327  
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #5

Talking Hey Luv2journey

Sounds like you have a rig just like ours!...We live on the east coast of
Florida 30 minutes north of the Palm Beaches. There are two places to camp within 5 minutes of us....both are pretty busy but you might be able to get in...let me know the route you are taking and maybe I can recommend some spots along the way...and I know the hosts at both local campgrounds so I can give you phone numbers.

We love our Journey!
Marinelender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #6

Any of the FL state parks. They are great. Silver River SP in Ocala, for example.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Luv2journey,
Florida is a very large state with many different activities. Before making any suggestions, can you tell us:
1. Who is traveling? Just adults or with kids?
2. How far do you want to drive, once you enter the state? From the GA border to Key West is about 600 miles.
3. What are those traveling interests? music, aviation, theme parks, history, space, the beach, the swamp, chill out, etc?

Let us know and the specific suggestions will follow.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spring Break starts this weekend and for the next few weeks in Panama City, FL. Unless you want to party with the college kids and deal with alot of traffic on beach road. Stay away.
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #9

FL is pretty big.... where do you want to stay?
North
North East
Central
Central east/West
South east/west
?????
MRBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
if you come down to the keys check out long key state park . there doing some work and drive ends only.
safe travles bob,linda & missy
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
shepserv

Just got back from Key West. If you decide to go there get ready to pay pay pay! We stayed at Boyds and cost 125.00 a night. Campground was so tight we could not open awning or basement doors. Not the nicest folks at Boyds either, they put us in a 30 amp space and we are 50 amp and told us we would have to deal with it. Stayed 5 days then moved up the Keys to Fiesta Key Campground. Should have stayed here all along. Big lots,beautiful grounds, and a bit less expensive. Great 2 day stay at Fiesta Key. Moved on up to Ocala and stayed at Ocala R V Park, pretty good stay there as well. We have been to several places in Florida and have found out the lower you go the more expensive it gets. St Augustine would be my top pick though.

2012 Fleetwood Southwind
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
shepserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #12

Seminole in North ft Myers is nice, Crystal lake in naples is an outstanding RV park.....
Santos Dtate park just south of Ocala os OK... Topsail in Santa Rosa Beach was nice... Pelican lake in naples is nice but overpriced ....
Old 03-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #13

Fl. camp

Hello this is my first post here, just joined 5 min. ago after looking over the site and some post's, liked it, everyone was respectful and helpful.
I and my wife are looking to go to coastal Fl. next winter for at least a month, probably Feb. 2013. I forgot, Lilly our 4 yr. old min. Yorkie will be along too.
Will appreciate all advice.
Particularly RV camping site's close ( less than a mile ) to the coast beaches.
We've visited Anne Marie Isl. Siesta Key, now we have the camper and would like that same area's for camping.
Forgive me if it's not right area but this is where I see Fl. being talked of.
Thank's, Mike
04 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome Mike,
You are sure to get many suggestions here. I know there is an RV park in Bradenton near Annamaria Island. You can check Woodalls and/or Trailer Life for general planning and follow that with a check of campgroundreviews.com for ratings for your top choices.

Best advice is to reserve many months in advance once you have a park selected.

Enjoy Florida when you get here.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida