Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #15
Member
 
gdoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by snshatz View Post
What are the best campgrounds around Ocala and Daytona for this fall?
Are state parks acceptable? We stay primarily at those facilities. And at Ocala NF. Check reserveamerica.com for information and booking. We are long weekenders at present and just finished booking through next February. The fall/winter dates are starting to fill.
__________________

__________________
Doug
2010 Roadtrek
RS Adventurous 3500
gdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Selah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,319
We spent 4 months traveling around FL this past winter (Dec thru Mar) and stayed primarily in state parks. All were very well maintained, lots of space between site, most have electricity and water, a few have full hookups. Weekends were full but through the week they were little used. Several parks were so far out that there was no cell coverage and TV was spotty at best. We enjoy the outdoors so this did not bother us. Kayaking the various springs was great, strongly recommended.
We will be going back down this winter and will do the state parks again. There were a few that we wanted to go to but could not get reservations.
__________________

__________________
Paul, Kathy, and Tux the Mini Schnauzer
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42 LH, 2013 Honda CRV
"When the time comes to look back, make sure you'll like what you see"
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
TurtleKent's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 492
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
New Smyrna Beach Campground, price is right, 20 min south of Daytona, much quieter than Daytona, excellent beach.
__________________
Kent & Sue & Pecos
2010 Allegro Bus 43QRP
Formerly 2004 Itasca Horizon 40AD
TurtleKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Apollo Beach, FL
Posts: 1,519
One of my favorite spots in Salt Springs National Recreation Area. It's a national campground but has full hookups .. it used to be a private cg before the gov't took it over. It's a reasonable drive on low traffic roads to either Ocala or Daytona.
__________________
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
LakeKerrGuy's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salt Springs, FL
Posts: 357
See link

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
One of my favorite spots in Salt Springs National Recreation Area. It's a national campground but has full hookups .. it used to be a private cg before the gov't took it over. It's a reasonable drive on low traffic roads to either Ocala or Daytona.
Thank you for pointing folks to my home "town". We love weekenders and snowbirds. Much of our economy depends on you.

See my link in post #10.
__________________
Jack & Beverly
1999 National Tradewinds 7371; Cat 3126; 6 Speed Allison; 7.5 KW Onan; Freedom 20
2012 Nissan Versa on a EZE Tow
LakeKerrGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
bailiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeKerrGuy View Post
Thank you for pointing folks to my home "town". We love weekenders and snowbirds. Much of our economy depends on you.

See my link in post #10.
We too enjoy Salt Springs Recreation area campground. We make a point of visiting the Salt Springs Grocery to get supplies and about 3 pounds of those fine fried chicken gizzards. Yum!
__________________
bailiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: St. Lucie West, FL
Posts: 5,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selah View Post
We spent 4 months traveling around FL this past winter (Dec thru Mar) and stayed primarily in state parks. All were very well maintained, lots of space between site, most have electricity and water, a few have full hookups. Weekends were full but through the week they were little used. Several parks were so far out that there was no cell coverage and TV was spotty at best. We enjoy the outdoors so this did not bother us. Kayaking the various springs was great, strongly recommended.
We will be going back down this winter and will do the state parks again. There were a few that we wanted to go to but could not get reservations.
Ditto ...

Welcome to Florida State Parks
__________________
2005 Newmar Essex 4502, 2013 Caddy SRX
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edwardsville, IL
Posts: 20
Tomoka SP

We spent the first 2 weeks of 2013 at Tomoka State Park near Ormond Beach. It was very nice. We were in a popup at the time and the sites were perfect. Very private. 3 shower facilities. Only really full on weekends. Golf, etc. nearby. We biked 6 miles to the YMCA to work out. We highly recommend it!
__________________

__________________
rt749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
florida



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.