Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2006, 03:19 AM   #1

Ok, I am running out of places to take the grand girls and I need input. One is 11yo and the other is 6yo both love the water. Over the last 3 years the 3 of use have gone camping about a week every year + weekends. We have been on weekends and vacations to Stone Mountain in GA, the Mouse House, a few zoo's, St Augustine with all the tourist stuff and the beaches on both Florida coasts. So I am looking for ideas for this year from 1 9 July 2006, would like to stay in Florida or southern Georgia. I would really like to stay under $55 @ day for the CG, eating (mostly at the camper), and entertainment. Any real suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks in advance

JAXFL
JAXFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2006, 03:19 AM   #2

Ok, I am running out of places to take the grand girls and I need input. One is 11yo and the other is 6yo both love the water. Over the last 3 years the 3 of use have gone camping about a week every year + weekends. We have been on weekends and vacations to Stone Mountain in GA, the Mouse House, a few zoo's, St Augustine with all the tourist stuff and the beaches on both Florida coasts. So I am looking for ideas for this year from 1 9 July 2006, would like to stay in Florida or southern Georgia. I would really like to stay under $55 @ day for the CG, eating (mostly at the camper), and entertainment. Any real suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks in advance

JAXFL
JAXFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:47 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
JAXFL,

We stayed in Folkston, GA one time and went poking around the Okeefenokee Swamp. Look into that - there are things I believe the girls may enjoy like a boat ride thru the swamp and one place had a zoo-like animal display area I recall.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:43 AM   #4

There are many state parks in Georgia where you can camp for about $20/night. Some are on lakes or near the sea. Jekyl Island, near Brunswick, GA, has a great shaded campground and there is a fishing pier nearby. Up the road, there is a public beach. Lots of good seafood is available over on the mainland. Up I-95 near Savannah is Skidaway Island SP. It too is cheap, and there is lots to see in Savannah. The SP is shaded and there are lots of birds. Check out the GA state parks web site. State Parks are a great value.
Annie K and Sparky the long-haired chihuahua
03 Journey DL36LD
04 Saturn L300W
Blue Ox and Brake Buddy
Old 04-27-2006, 10:08 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
crooked river state park in St. Marys geaorgia about 1/2 north of kings bay naval base.
cloes to mustang island(cant remeber the real name) for a day trip, they have a pool and some activities tons of nature trails, $$ wise is very reasonalb it was about 15 a few years ago, HUGE site, water and electric, need a portable potty tank on wheels if you stay long enough to poop alot
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:03 PM   #6

Website address for Georgia State Parks. So far, we have really liked the GA State parks that we have stayed at. In a few weeks we will be going back to Georgia Veterans Memorial State Park. They have an excursion train to Plains GA (hometown of former Pres. Jimmy Carter... the Secret Service are in a really cute house!)
Old 04-30-2006, 05:36 PM   #7

Check out the new Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta. Make CERTAIN that you have reservations. This can be done over the internet.