Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2016, 10:08 PM   #1

Florida Keys - cheaper place to stay than 900.00?

Does anyone know of any RV lot for rent in the Keys for less than 900.00 per month? I know its a long shot but thought I would ask.
gr8white is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2016, 08:16 AM   #2

This time of year is hard to find a place at any cost.My friend
staying in Key Largo told me that three places are closing down
to build hotels.He said that will be four hundred lost spots.One place
has been open only a short time.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:05 AM   #3

wow. I am a member of the elks lodge and staying here now for 900.00 per month. But no sewer or internet. Im going to keep looking and will post back should I find something. I spoke with a few locals who gave me some advice i will check out.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:45 PM   #4

If I hear something,I will let you know.I live in Key Largo,
but I'am in SC. for one more week.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:50 PM   #5

I guess it's going to cost $1,500. plus electric if you can find an open spot in Key West
kyfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:00 PM   #6

I appreciate you guys keeping an ear open for me. I have to leave my spot on 2/23 so I have some time. Please let me know if you hear of anything good.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:19 PM   #7

RV spots are going to very tough at any place in Keys with many closers for new buildings. We will be in Marathon tomorrow for our 7th year but may be our last due to cost going up yearly. We are looking for a new winter spot for Jan and Feb.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:33 PM   #8

$225 a week or $35 ish a night seems cheap for the keys

The closer to KW the more it's going to cost.... I think Boyd's is closer to $2k a month
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 06:40 PM   #9

Anyone else know of a place? I have a lead on a spot Im chasing down that might be cheaper and a good location. I will post if if it turns out well.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:42 AM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to GraciesDaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8white View Post
Anyone else know of a place? I have a lead on a spot Im chasing down that might be cheaper and a good location. I will post if if it turns out well.
Frankly, gr8white, I probably would NOT share such a place... On the likelihood that it would be overrun with your wonderful find! That said, no one's mentioned the old "supply & demand" adage: When there is low supply and high demand, prices go UP. Even Boyd's – which seems to be the standard by which KW resorts are gauged – rates (according to them) $90 per day for less than a week in the off-season... And the "off-season" in the Keys is 100° and 90% humidity; IOW: MISERABLE!

I've found the PERFECT solution to snowbird-itis and all those crowds: I learned to snowboard and joined the crowds at those resorts! Riding down 8" of powder for a couple of miles beats sand in my shorts any day!
Old 02-01-2016, 06:32 AM   #11

Thank you for all of your responses. But most of the responses seem to tell me why its so expensive in the keys. I understand that and that wasnt my question. Based on your responses, finding a spot under 900.00 per month isnt possible I assume.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:59 AM   #12

There is a place just north ( east ) of Marathon, Coco Plumb area, in the middle Keys, that had a sign " Dry Camping $9.00 a day ".

Don't know if the offer water, dumping or power.

Haven't stopped in to check it out, but I may.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
There is a place just north ( east ) of Marathon, Coco Plumb area, in the middle Keys, that had a sign " Dry Camping $9.00 a day ".

Don't know if the offer water, dumping or power.

Haven't stopped in to check it out, but I may.
I didnt see the sign. if you ever get the contact info please share.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:52 PM   #14

Try google maps,street view to see if you can find a sign.
Shouldn't take too long
Dave Walters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, florida