Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Florida Ocean Cruise RV Parking

We will be taking a 1 week Cruise on RCCL departing from Port Everglades, FL on February 6th 2010 anyone have an economical safe solution for Storing our rig (37 foot Motorhome and a Jeep)? We will also need a place to board our Dog Jewel a 5 year old Miniature Schnauzer.

Thanks, r0n………………..

2004 MACA3781
ron & deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #2

A friend told me about a storage yard in Coral Springs, FL. It's about a 20 min taxi ride to Fort Lauderdale. Their yard is enclosed by a gate and has a dog patrol. Give them a call and explain your circumstances, his number is 954-753-1930. Call the coral springs pet resort at 954-341-4123. The rates are high but good quality care. I'd recommend driving your car to the dock and pay for parking. Enjoy.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Try Park and Fly, located very close to Port Everglades cruise terminal and they have a shuttle.

Port Everglades Cruise Parking - Fort Lauderdale Port Parking by PARK 'N FLY

The cruise terminal will not let you park in their lot. We ran into the same issue and park and fly was able to help us. They say 38' is max but our MH is 40' and was not a problem.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:36 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the information.

When I called the port they gave me Park and GO Phone number I accessed their web site and they emailed me back a quote of $30.00 per day for my 37 foot Moterhome and a Jeep Liberty. I was hoping to find a cheaper solution. When I accessed Park and Fly’ site I noticed they have a Pet special, I will call them tomorrow.

r0n

2004 MACA3781
Old 10-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dportm,

Thanks so much for that info we used the storage facility but found a more reasonable pet solution (Pet Paradise) that offered free parking near the port. We will store the Motorhome at the storage yard drive down drop the mutt of and park the jeep for free near the port with a FREE shuttle (did you notice a lot of free’s it is my Yankee thrift thing).

Thanks for your help, r0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by dportem View Post
A friend told me about a storage yard in Coral Springs, FL. It's about a 20 min taxi ride to Fort Lauderdale. Their yard is enclosed by a gate and has a dog patrol. Give them a call and explain your circumstances, his number is 954-753-1930. Call the coral springs pet resort at 954-341-4123. The rates are high but good quality care. I'd recommend driving your car to the dock and pay for parking. Enjoy.

2004 MACA3781
Old 10-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
SixPack98,

When I called Park n Fly I was informed they no longer will accept RV’s they have constructed a covered parking area that restricts their yard. When I checked there wed sit I noticed they offered a FREE parking deal with pet boarding so I am going to store the Motorhome at the storage yard drive down drop the mutt of and park the jeep for free near the port with a FREE shuttle.

Thanks for your help, r0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpack98 View Post
Try Park and Fly, located very close to Port Everglades cruise terminal and they have a shuttle.

Port Everglades Cruise Parking - Fort Lauderdale Port Parking by PARK 'N FLY

The cruise terminal will not let you park in their lot. We ran into the same issue and park and fly was able to help us. They say 38' is max but our MH is 40' and was not a problem.

2004 MACA3781
Old 01-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #7

Smile Parking worries eliminated Port Everglades FL

I know I'm replying to an old thread but feel it is important for anyone looking today. I looked all over for parking for my 36' Pace Arrow with little luck. I contacted Cube Store It 1877-216-4739. I rented a spot for the whole week for $22.00. It is .89 miles form port everglades. A taxi cost $10.00 with generous tip or you can walk. When I called I talked to a gentlemen named Josh, very friendly and polite. When I arrived a lady by the name of Nina assisted me also very friendly and polite. The reason it was only $22.00 is because they had a special first month free with no contract. $22.00 was administration fee. Even If I paid for the full month it would have been cheaper then per day parking. Went to port dropped family and luggage off parked Rv took taxi to boat. Excellent experience Please feel free to contact if you have questions. Again I posted this because I was worried I would not have parking for my RV and I was running out of options. Highly recommend Cube Store It.
Find Storage Facility Space & Mini Storage for Rent at 2010 Ne 7Th Avenue Dania Beach, FL 33004 | CubeSmart, U