Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
2013 Pricing Sheet for Beverly Beach Camptown

Sorry but it appears to me that you had gotten a deal at $110 per night for the holiday weekend in 2012.

Their holidays rates are always higher than their normal rates.

That RV resort has gotten really expensive. I had stayed there for two winters at least for two months of the wintertime but stayed across the street in Campers Village South. One year, 2011 it was $800 per month, the next year 2012, it was $900 per month. Now it is $1000 per month.

I plan to return to the East Coast in 2015 but will not be planning to stay at Beverly Beach Camptown. They are pricing themselves out of business.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
It was MORE than $110 per nite....can't remember exactly, but over that! Point was: we made reserv 1 yr ahead for set price Well Below $100 per nt/3 nt min and they did not honor that.....jacked prices way up.....and services were Poor, at best. They lost our business, and probably a few more previous regulars.

geno-heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #17

Look at the Keys. They are usually pretty open before January 1. Sugarloaf, Bluewater, Boyd's, Sunshine Key.
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Keys: Don't forget Bahia Honda! @ mile mkr 25-30 from key west ....BEEE--UUUU-TEE-FULL!! (VERY full most of the year...get in if u can!)
geno-heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
One of our favorites is Beverly Beach Camptown, just north of Flagler Beach. (Welcome to Beverly Beach Camptown RV Resort in Beverly Beach, FL). The front sites face the ocean, they are a little narrow, but not bad. When you awake in the morning it reminds you of being on a boat looking out your front window facing the ocean. There are steps down to the beach in 3 or 4 places. It's also a little pricey, but not bad for the location.
We also love Beverly Beach Camptown, and Flagler Beach. The campground is expensive if you get Oceanfront, a bit less expensive if you get ocean view, and a good bit less expensive if you get a site in 'campers village' across the street (A1A). We rarely get Oceanfront since you can see the ocean just fine from ocean view.

Flagler is a dog friendly beach, the biggest reason we go there. It is rarely crowded, and mostly families. If you want to see girls in thongs, Flagler is not the place for that (not against girls in thongs...I'm just sayin..).

Be ready to vacuum and wash your RV frequently. LOTS of sand and salt air.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodycoach2 View Post
We also love Beverly Beach Camptown, and Flagler Beach. ...........

Be ready to vacuum and wash your RV frequently. LOTS of sand and salt air.
I understand the vacuuming.. but I've haven't seen where they will let you wash the MH while at the CG
Old 09-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
2013 Pricing Sheet for Beverly Beach Camptown

Sorry but it appears to me that you had gotten a deal at $110 per night for the holiday weekend in 2012.

Their holidays rates are always higher than their normal rates.

That RV resort has gotten really expensive. I had stayed there for two winters at least for two months of the wintertime but stayed across the street in Campers Village South. One year, 2011 it was $800 per month, the next year 2012, it was $900 per month. Now it is $1000 per month.

I plan to return to the East Coast in 2015 but will not be planning to stay at Beverly Beach Camptown. They are pricing themselves out of business.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
I agree with this post. We were there last weekend and paid $150 per night plus tax. They will even dime you over children. This is a unique place that's hard to duplicate and one I've enjoyed for years. However there seems to be an attitude that we need them more than they need us. It wasn't always this way but my trips there are now bitter-sweet and trending more bitter.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have been staying at a park (Riverwood Campground) just south of Edgewater about 4 miles along the east coast and next to the ICW. They don't have a web sight so you'd just have to call. It's mostly retired folks and few kids. They do have a lot of annual campers but a lot of new campers as well. We like the waterway camping because you are not right on the ocean. Big beautiful boats are constantly going right by. I can kayak and fish off the dock. Boats are out shrimping all night and I've seen people trapping crabs as well. Manatee and Dolphin are swimming by all the time and if a storm comes up you are not on the ocean but the ICW and you have some protection. Nope you can't here the surf but I can go to Flaggler beach, have a hot dog, 2-4 beers and hear all the surf I want.

This will be our 4TH March. We camp by the month and I think it's about $600 to $650 depending on 30 or 50 amp.

TeJay
Old 09-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
I have stayed at the Beverly Beach Camptown RV Resort in Flagler Beach for months during the winter of 2011 & 2012. It doesn't get any better than that. The beach is directly over the ocean break-wall.

Great surf fishing too!

Expensive but you won't find much better.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
I'll second Beverly Beach on the east coast of Florida. We were there July 26-28, 2013 and it was fantastic. We had a spot where we pulled in forward and our windshield was directly towards the beach. 10' from the sand...

The bathrooms are old but clean and the staff was very friendly. I was walking our garbage to the dumpsters and one of them was driving by on their utility golf cart and offered to take it for me.

It's pricey but what you would expect directly on the beach.

Rob
Old 10-06-2013, 12:59 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
We have been staying at a park (Riverwood Campground) just south of Edgewater about 4 miles along the east coast and next to the ICW. They don't have a web sight so you'd just have to call. It's mostly retired folks and few kids. They do have a lot of annual campers but a lot of new campers as well. We like the waterway camping because you are not right on the ocean. Big beautiful boats are constantly going right by. I can kayak and fish off the dock. Boats are out shrimping all night and I've seen people trapping crabs as well. Manatee and Dolphin are swimming by all the time and if a storm comes up you are not on the ocean but the ICW and you have some protection. Nope you can't here the surf but I can go to Flaggler beach, have a hot dog, 2-4 beers and hear all the surf I want.

This will be our 4TH March. We camp by the month and I think it's about $600 to $650 depending on 30 or 50 amp.

TeJay
We are planning on being here in a few weeks! Yay!
Old 10-06-2013, 02:25 AM   #25

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location would depend on two factors:
1. Desired temperature
2. What activities and events in the area?
Golf, Disney, Space Center, Malory Square-Key West, Fishing, Diving, Party places, Blue Angels-Pennsacola, etc.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #26

Ford Super Duty Owner
TeamLyon1029,
When you arrive make sure you say hello to Kathy and Dawn (office managers) and tell them that Tim and Liz recommended the place. We will be heading down in March.

TeJay

Tags
campground, florida