Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Oceanfront Campground recommendations.

I would like to take my family to Florida for Christmas break.
I would like a oceanfront campground with full hookups to accommodate my 38 foot Monaco Windsor.
I have been looking through the campground listings on this site and the problem I am having is I just don't know the area. Any help would be great.
Thank You.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry! I forgot to say. East or West Coast, The keys. It doesn't matter.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttilaKara72 View Post
I would like a oceanfront campground with full hookups to accommodate my 38 foot Monaco Windsor.
I have been looking through the campground listings on this site and the problem I am having is I just don't know the area. Any help would be great.
Thank You.
Florida is a really big state and has both Ocean and Gulf coasts. Do you have a preference? When you say "oceanfront campground" do you actually mean "oceanfront campsite" ? .... there is a significant difference.

That said, you probably should have started looking last year.

Your answers will probably help get some meaningful suggestions.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:21 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Maybe a chance at TopSail State Park or Destin West RV Resort, both in the Destin area.

I'd check the FL panhandle for others in the rvparkreview.com.

Good luck.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:31 AM   #5

Take a look at Anastasia State Park near St Augustine. Others are in the panhandle on the gulf include Topsail State Park, Grayton Beach State Park, St Andrews State Park, and St Joseph Peninsula State Park

Welcome to Florida State Parks

Welcome to Florida State Parks

SP Campground Review – St. Joseph Peninsula State Park, Cape San Blas, FL | Wheeling It

Happy camping!
Chuck
cavedvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:39 AM   #6
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
Northern Fl is cold in Dec. If you don't mind cool weather they are fine but if you want beach weather check out southern Fl areas.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #7

One of our favorites is Beverly Beach Camptown, just north of Flagler Beach. (Welcome to Beverly Beach Camptown RV Resort in Beverly Beach, FL). The front sites face the ocean, they are a little narrow, but not bad. When you awake in the morning it reminds you of being on a boat looking out your front window facing the ocean. There are steps down to the beach in 3 or 4 places. It's also a little pricey, but not bad for the location.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
The "Red Coconut RV Park", in Ft. Myers is excellent and right on the Gulf. However, one has to have a spot "right on the beach", bequeathed to him. Rv'ers don't easily give up those spaces.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttilaKara72 View Post
Thank You.
Red Coconut in Ft Myers Beach has some sites right on the beach. We have stayed there several times. We prefer to stay in their park across the street. Be very hard to get a site on the beach. Their sites across the road are a very easy walk to the beach.
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
You might look at Jetty Park, Cocoa Beach FL. Jetty Park Campground Home Page | The Official Home of Jetty Park Beach and Campground | Port Canaveral, Florida
It is a good sized RV campground, reasonable pricing and full hookups. Be sure to specify 50 amp service. Concrete parking pads and great facilities. Plus they are right on the beach. They have rinse showers on the boardwalk so you can rinse salt and sand off when coming back from the beach. Also have a fishing pier and you can watch the cruise ships heading out. Kennedy Space Center is nearby if family is interested in a tour.
Jetty Park is a little over an hour from my home so we have been there many times for short weekend getaways. I prefer the sites with numbers in the 200's and 300's as they are closer to the beach area. Check out the map on the website and you'll see. OK, that's it for todays tour! If you haven't guessed we like the place. Alot!
mus289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I have stayed at the Beverly Beach Camptown RV Resort in Flagler Beach for months during the winter of 2011 & 2012. It doesn't get any better than that. The beach is directly over the ocean break-wall.

Great surf fishing too!

Expensive but you won't find much better.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Be careful of Beverly Beach ....stayed there few times and great! Made 1 yr advance reserv. For ANOTHER MEM DAY WEEKEND W Disc rate for advance booking ....showed up, Mem Day Wkend and Did Not Honor Reserv with Discount! Had space but Jacked UP Pricing! Others there for 30+ years shared Owner took over Management of campground! Was great BEFORE this/them. Filthy bathrooms, overflowing garbage, no Sat Holiday BBQ....nothing and very bad! Many left before wkend-reservation was ended! I hope it had improved ....was our favorite near Daytona! Have NOT been back....wife drove by last week on job work and said it was "half empty on the beach side"....and rarely ever saw that before with past Great Park Managers! Check first cuz' they ain't cheap!
geno-heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by geno-heidi View Post
Be careful of Beverly Beach ....

When was this???

Kathryn

~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:06 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Memorial Day weekend 2012....we were in space #13 on the Beach wall....my lucky number....moved to that space year before because of 'waste hose mishap'. The May 2012 was reserved 1 yr advance for $75-79 per nt for min 3 nt over the holiday...no problem! Got there and TOLD it was $110 (or more) per nite, no explanation....we had 4 nite reservation...Fri-Mon. Sat-Sun bathrooms were disgusting!! Not cleaned or even Touched by 9:30 am.!! I am late riser, diabetes/insulin user. Many stays before this...and Mem Day 2011, baths serviced by 8am and once again during the day. This time, NoT!! BBQ with Color Guard canceled for Sat....garbage cans over flowed to the ground by Sat eve. I have pretty pics from 2011 and before...none of the filth or garbage in 2012. Sorry, but true....hope it's better now...hard to pay $100 ++ per nite, we will...but NoT to have bathrooms and garbage so unmanaged. Not for those prices. Tomoka SP is $14 per nite (handicap disc), immaculate facilities, and 5 min scooter ride to Ormond Beach. Beverly Beach was our #1 , even with price, until that Mem Day wkend of 2012. St. JOE S.P. at Cape San Blas, on the beach dunes and Immaculate clean! !! )
geno-heidi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, florida