Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
Fmca rally gillette wyoming

June 2013 FMCA is having an International Rally in Gillette Wyoming. I was thinking about going to the rally. I would be leaving from Akron Ohio area.

I have travelled the route before on my way to Yellowstone. Like others I came thru the Dells, Mitchell, Wall, Bad Lands, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Dead Horse, Black Hills, Devils Tower, Custer NP, and Glacier NP.

What I would like to do is spend time again in the Rapid City area, revisit Devils Tower and then go into the rally. After the rally not sure which direction to go for 10 days or maybe more. North, South East or West and which route to go home total time on this trip 3 to 4 weeks.

I have spent some time in Colorado but only in the area of Rocky Mountain NP, Colorado Springs, Salida , Royal Gorge area, Sand Dunes NP, Colorado National Monument.

Never really explores other areas in Wyoming been to the National Parks and south of the Tetons across the high desert into Flaming Gorge NP. Never Explored the areas around Buffalo.

I have a 40ft Endeavor with a toad. Any suggestions?

Robert T is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Newmar Owners Club
Robert T:

G'morning from the Black Hills.

Your question is a tough one !! However, ya might consider a wonderful trip up to the Banff/Lake Louise area then a return route Eastward on the Trans-canadia Hwy. (RT 1) to Sault Ste. Marie on down through Mich. back to Akron.

If this sounds like something you'd consider, then also (depending on your available time), when you depart Gillette, head WNW on on I-90 through Montana over to Coeur de Alene, Idaho then North to Sandpoint, Bonners Ferry, and on into Canada approaching Lake Louise via Cranbrook, then Golden (all on Canada Rt. 95).

Upon departing Calgary on your way back to Akron, the drive Eastward from Calgary at least till Winnepeg isn't that remarkable for scenery but from Winnepeg over to Sault Ste. Marie, then ofcourse down through Mich. is VERY nice.

Steve & Lynette
2014 Newmar 3103 BAYSTAR/Triton V10 w. Banks/05 Honda Element toad
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote