Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2016, 07:53 PM   #1

Fort Lauderdale campgrounds

Does anyone have any suggestions for a campground in the Fort Lauderdale area. We'll be visiting friends there and plan to stay only 3 days next January before moving on. We'll be towing a 30 ft travel trailer and really aren't too fussy. I looked at some Broward County Parks that look good but wouldn't mind getting something closer, either private, county or state parks. Clean and well kept is at the top of my list. Also a nice area to ride our bicycles around. I appreciate any suggestions. We're trying to get our reservations together with plenty of time to spare.
mrebele is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2016, 08:06 PM   #2

I live in Ft. Lauderdale. Check out Markham Park. Let me know where in Ft. Lauderdale you are looking and I'll try to give some insight
Old 02-05-2016, 08:38 PM   #3

It's funny that you suggested Markham. I just got done looking at videos of that park and it seems like it would be a good choice. I'm not sure where in FT Lauderdale we're going but I'll try to find out.
mrebele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:25 AM   #4

I live right down the street from that park. One of the safest neighborhoods in Broward.
You never know who you will meet in the local grocery store or Ice cream store, since most of the Dolphin players and a lot of other professional athletes live in the neighborhood.
Old 02-07-2016, 03:27 PM   #5

How far is this campground from the cruise ports?
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 03:42 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Markham is about 30 minutes via I-595. T.Y. (Topeekeegee Yugnee) Park is only about 15 minutes from the port, but is in a much busier area.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:04 AM   #7

TY Park, the campground is right next to the RR tracks. Are you going on a cruise?
Old 02-08-2016, 07:47 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneykrantz View Post
How far is this campground from the cruise ports?
Markham Park to the Port of Miami is 34 miles.
May be a 40 minute trip or up to 2 hours depending on the time of day traveling there.

But to OP was about visiting friends in the FT Lauderdale area.
So your Hijack may not help them.
I don't recommend riding a bike from Markham Park to the Port of Miami.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:27 AM   #9

C.B Smith Park in Pembroke Pines fits your wants (I think). We're staying there now. Nice, clean and quiet campground with plenty of space to ride bikes. Convenient location, stores, restaurants, access to highways.

2016 Artic Fox TT 25W
2014 F-250 6.7 4X4
Stingray0321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:34 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
CB Smith is nice, but a longer drive to Fort Lauderdale than the others mentioned.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground