Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacevette View Post
Also, whatever you do make sure your MH is stocked full of groceries. The store inside the CG has a markup of 70%. Very expensive! I hate to keep going on but I will..so excuse me if I am telling you stuff you already know. In the evening, Fort Wilderness has a big camp fire that chip 'n dale attend. Very cute. They allow you to make smores. Take your own with you. They sell smores kits but like I said before...very expensive. The younger ones may like the horse stables. We took our 2 kids on a pony ride. $5/ride. The kids loved it,and honestly it was cheapest thing we did there... lol. If I can think of anything else I will chime in from time to time. I know we appreciated all of the tips before we went with our kids.
I agree, but if you think of all the people they employ and all the things they do, it all takes money, I use to think it was a very expensive place, but when you come down to really looking at what Disney does, it is way up and beyond, my only comment is better facilities for the disabled/handicap.
Cartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
First tip for Disney is bring lots of money

Seriously don't worry. Disney is first class so if you have needs or concerns, just ask someone there. Fort Wilderness is about the nicest CG we have ever beer to.

It must be tough with 7 kids but if possible bring bicycles. We ride ours from the campsite to the marina and take the boats to the attractions. You can pick up the bus at the end of each loop though. Be sure to get to the beach at night for fireworks and they go by in boats with a great light show. Darn, making me wish we had plans to go this year.

5150 Van Halen?
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....! Disney Sickness, we get it every year about this time.
Cartist
We are taking our grandson this year. First time in an RV, been thier five times already.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:57 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
We're doing the fort the first two weeks of December and can't wait. FW is our absolutely favorite campground and we try to get there once a year.
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #32

Just got back from 9 days in the Campground and it was a blast.
Parents, do yourself a favor and stay as much as you can in the campground. The kids love it and it doesn't cost anything to swim in the pool and participate in the activities they have planned all over the site. We were just across the street from the main pool and the kids wouldn't get out. With the little water park and full slide it was like a dream to them.
I should have only had a couple of days of park passes. They had more fun at the campground.
I think I averaged 15 miles of walking per day and outlasted the kids every night HA!
And they wonder why I excercise everyday?
It was a great experience and am now in process of upgrading my gas coach to a larger DP. What a blast!
gauto5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Any recommendations for particularly good campsites with 50 amp service? Two adults (who never seem to get Disney'd out!) but no kids (this time). Thanks!
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek
Any recommendations for particularly good campsites with 50 amp service? Two adults (who never seem to get Disney'd out!) but no kids (this time). Thanks!
We have spent our last two Halloweens in the 900 Loop, no complaints.
Been staying there many times through the years, as our rig grew in size (from a Class C to our current 43' ABDP) our desired loop choice has changed as well. I believe the 900 Loop is considered a "Premium Campsite". Our recent stay had us in site 911 and was noted as a difficult back-in ---- was not tough at all. At drive up check-in they have a book with descriptions and details of each campsite which may be of help, just ask the attendant about the specs/notes of your site.
Enjoy your stay!
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
anyone have a FW reservation in the coming months they want to trade for Sept 12 reservations?
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #36

Just keep checking their site numerous times a day, as there are always cancellations. We just left there Tuesday after a weeks stay and we made those reservations only a couple of days prior to arrival. When I first started checking there wasn't anything in our time frame, but kept checking and bingo a standard full hookup site became avail. Booked it and a day later a Premium site became avail so we upgraded to it. Gotta love it.
2018 Silverado 3500HD High Country Dually 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, Sailun 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Just keep checking their site numerous times a day, as there are always cancellations. We just left there Tuesday after a weeks stay and we made those reservations only a couple of days prior to arrival. When I first started checking there wasn't anything in our time frame, but kept checking and bingo a standard full hookup site became avail. Booked it and a day later a Premium site became avail so we upgraded to it. Gotta love it.
What do you do? do you call them everyday to find out if they have spots available, we need a premium site for Dec 22, 2011 at Fort Wilderness RV Camp.
R/C
Old 11-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #38

I just kept checking their web site. Being that close to Xmas may present a problem, but if something becomes avail you have to jump on it quick before someone else does.
2018 Silverado 3500HD High Country Dually 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, Sailun 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771
I just kept checking their web site. Being that close to Xmas may present a problem, but if something becomes avail you have to jump on it quick before someone else does.
X2. Check availability on the Walt Disney World website, using Fort Wilderness Campground as your desired accommodation.
You should see a menu of available WDW accommodations, and find the Fort Wilderness option.
Check often.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
go almost every year, love that place greatest campground bar none. dream would be to win the lottery and live the rest of my life there!!!!
poorfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #41
Foz

Arriving at the Fort on 2/11 for 15 days.....
Old 01-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #42

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We will be at FW starting the 11th of this month. For those of you that feel Disney is too expensive here's what we do. Take the boat from FW and go over to Magic Kingdom. Hop on the monorail and go to the first resort for lunch then spend time exploring the resort. Go back to FW via monorail/boat and hangout. Next day we do the same thing only to the next resort stop on the monorail, lunch, explore,etc. As the grandkids are too young for Disney we will not go into the parks until they are older then take the entire family. We have been doing this for 5 years now and thoroghly enjoy it. Also have met some nice folks at FW, on the boat and on the monorail. Since we have a Disney visa this years stay at FW is no cost to us. Great plan if your not aware of it!
RonK is offline   Reply With Quote