Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-10-2016, 05:58 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 568
Fort Wilderness Cart Rental

Had anyone rented carts off site and had them delivered or met the renter outside the property to pick up the cart? Was it successful and you got a great deal ?

Any story I can build on to save some cash?
__________________

__________________
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2016, 06:13 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
vtwinwilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 598
Yes... I always rent from Tee Time Cart rentals. 417-518-4971

It's a bit of extra effort, but it's almost half the price of renting from Disney.

Kenny & Kelly always make the extra effort to ensure you're a happy camper!😄
__________________

__________________
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:16 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
vtwinwilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 598
... One more thing

You will have to go off-site. Disney does not allow cart deliveries anymore, and Tee-Time will not violate that rule.

Good luck. And have a magical time at Fort Wilderness.
__________________
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:11 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
 
smlranger's Avatar


 
Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Glen Allen, VA
Posts: 7,267
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
... One more thing

You will have to go off-site. Disney does not allow cart deliveries anymore, and Tee-Time will not violate that rule.

Good luck. And have a magical time at Fort Wilderness.
Just curious, do you have to transport the cart back inside FW yourself or can you just drive the cart back in?
__________________
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:54 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Magic Bus's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 135
During a Halloween stay at the Fort there were no carts available. Delivery of carts from outside vendors is not permitted.
So, I rented a small trailer from U-haul, picked up golf cart and brought cart to our campsite then returned U-Haul trailer.
Took me a couple hours using a U-Haul location and golf cart rental both in the Winter Garden, FL area. Used my tow vehicle (Jeep) for this task.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1465563108.912524.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	129715
__________________
Hugh '09 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43'
Cummins ISL 8.9L Turbo 425hp, Spartan MM GT
Allison MD3000, '12 Jeep Wrangler
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:59 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
vtwinwilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 598
Fort Wilderness Cart Rental

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Just curious, do you have to transport the cart back inside FW yourself or can you just drive the cart back in?

You will have to trailer the cart back into the Fort, but it's up to you where you unload it. You could just unload it in the front parking lot, then drive it back to your site, but the parking lot is also Disney property, so Tee-Time cannot deliver it to you there.

Here's how it works.

1) You will coordinate an off-site pickup time with Tee-Time.
2) Tee-time will meet you at a restaurant about 4 miles from Fort Wilderness.
3) if you have a vehicle capable of towing a golf cart trailer, they will hitch the trailer to your car. You drive to the Fort, unload then return the trailer to Tee-time waiting at the restaurant off-site.
3)b). If you do not have a capable tow vehicle, Tee-Time will provide a pickup truck. Again, you drive back to the Fort, unload, then return the truck and trailer.

As our Jeep Wrangler is only capable of towing a small trailer, we always use their truck. There are shops across the parking lot so my wife goes shopping while I take the truck and drop off the cart. The whole process is pretty easy. Hardest part is getting the DW out of the shops��

Seriously though, you can count on the whole process taking about 45 minutes... Assuming you don't have to wait for the previous customer to return with the truck. Yes... It is quite an operation they have going and sometimes they get backed up.

When I did this back in March, they had 7 or 8 carts in the restaurant parking lot waiting for pickup, and I did have to wait for the customer ahead of me to return with the truck.
__________________
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:20 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
vtwinwilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 598
One more tip...

Be sure you have your Magic Band and can come and go through the gates without having to have the guard open the gate for you. The security guard gets backed up checking people in and that can cause delays. You don't want to be in that line.

If you have your Magic Band, you can use the side gate where the Disney Buses enter and exit the parking lot. It is un-manned and much faster than trying to go through the front gate.
__________________
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:55 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
 
smlranger's Avatar


 
Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Glen Allen, VA
Posts: 7,267
Blog Entries: 1
That sounds like too much hassle for me. We've been to Disney/FW twice and it is a great experience. However, it is clear that Disney's SOP is to grab you and get all your money. If they were not so greedy, they could lower the cost of their golf car rentals to be more competitive, rent more cars and save their guests the extra work.
__________________
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:38 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
wstrace3's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Youngsville, LA
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
You will have to trailer the cart back into the Fort, but it's up to you where you unload it. You could just unload it in the front parking lot, then drive it back to your site, but the parking lot is also Disney property, so Tee-Time cannot deliver it to you there.

Here's how it works.

1) You will coordinate an off-site pickup time with Tee-Time.
2) Tee-time will meet you at a restaurant about 4 miles from Fort Wilderness.
3) if you have a vehicle capable of towing a golf cart trailer, they will hitch the trailer to your car. You drive to the Fort, unload then return the trailer to Tee-time waiting at the restaurant off-site.
3)b). If you do not have a capable tow vehicle, Tee-Time will provide a pickup truck. Again, you drive back to the Fort, unload, then return the truck and trailer.

As our Jeep Wrangler is only capable of towing a small trailer, we always use their truck. There are shops across the parking lot so my wife goes shopping while I take the truck and drop off the cart. The whole process is pretty easy. Hardest part is getting the DW out of the shops��

Seriously though, you can count on the whole process taking about 45 minutes... Assuming you don't have to wait for the previous customer to return with the truck. Yes... It is quite an operation they have going and sometimes they get backed up.

When I did this back in March, they had 7 or 8 carts in the restaurant parking lot waiting for pickup, and I did have to wait for the customer ahead of me to return with the truck.
How do you return the cart after rental period ?? Above process in reverse ??
__________________
Billy and Danielle
2013 Thor Palazzo 33.3
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:02 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
vtwinwilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
How do you return the cart after rental period ?? Above process in reverse ??
Officially... Yes.

Let me send you a PM.
__________________
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:26 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
vtwinwilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
That sounds like too much hassle for me. We've been to Disney/FW twice and it is a great experience. However, it is clear that Disney's SOP is to grab you and get all your money. If they were not so greedy, they could lower the cost of their golf car rentals to be more competitive, rent more cars and save their guests the extra work.
It is kind of a hassle, but we try to make the best of it. The wife goes shopping and I take care of the cart transport. We try to get this all done on the day we arrive so we don't have to mess with it later. Once I'm there, I hate getting out of the Disney bubble!

I think it's worth the effort if you are going to be there for a at least a week. Last I checked Tee-Times rental fees were about half of Disney's fees. If I were only going to be there for a few days, I probably wouldn't bother.

... but as the saying goes... when you walk through the gates of Disney, Mickey Mouse will grab you by the ankles, turn you upside down and shake all the money out of your pockets.

If you're OK with that... You're gonna have a wonderful time!
__________________

__________________
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ft Wilderness Golf Cart Ted S. Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 16 01-03-2015 09:26 AM
Golf cart rental in West Central Florida Papawto5 Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 2 11-04-2013 07:15 PM
Fort Wilderness Dog Kennel? RobinGio RV'ing with Pets 3 03-16-2009 07:24 PM
At Fort Wilderness 1/31 - 2/19 Please stop by JavaJelly Newmar Owner's Forum 10 02-16-2009 06:56 PM
directions to fort wilderness streetglide Navigation, Routes & Roads 11 01-01-2009 10:37 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.