Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2016, 04:58 AM   #1

Fort Wilderness Cart Rental

Had anyone rented carts off site and had them delivered or met the renter outside the property to pick up the cart? Was it successful and you got a great deal ?

Any story I can build on to save some cash?
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2016, 05:13 AM   #2

Yes... I always rent from Tee Time Cart rentals. 417-518-4971

It's a bit of extra effort, but it's almost half the price of renting from Disney.

Kenny & Kelly always make the extra effort to ensure you're a happy camper!😄
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:16 AM   #3

... One more thing

You will have to go off-site. Disney does not allow cart deliveries anymore, and Tee-Time will not violate that rule.

Good luck. And have a magical time at Fort Wilderness.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:11 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
... One more thing

You will have to go off-site. Disney does not allow cart deliveries anymore, and Tee-Time will not violate that rule.

Good luck. And have a magical time at Fort Wilderness.
Just curious, do you have to transport the cart back inside FW yourself or can you just drive the cart back in?
Old 06-10-2016, 06:54 AM   #5

During a Halloween stay at the Fort there were no carts available. Delivery of carts from outside vendors is not permitted.
So, I rented a small trailer from U-haul, picked up golf cart and brought cart to our campsite then returned U-Haul trailer.
Took me a couple hours using a U-Haul location and golf cart rental both in the Winter Garden, FL area. Used my tow vehicle (Jeep) for this task.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1465563108.912524.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	129715
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:59 AM   #6

Fort Wilderness Cart Rental

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Just curious, do you have to transport the cart back inside FW yourself or can you just drive the cart back in?

You will have to trailer the cart back into the Fort, but it's up to you where you unload it. You could just unload it in the front parking lot, then drive it back to your site, but the parking lot is also Disney property, so Tee-Time cannot deliver it to you there.

Here's how it works.

1) You will coordinate an off-site pickup time with Tee-Time.
2) Tee-time will meet you at a restaurant about 4 miles from Fort Wilderness.
3) if you have a vehicle capable of towing a golf cart trailer, they will hitch the trailer to your car. You drive to the Fort, unload then return the trailer to Tee-time waiting at the restaurant off-site.
3)b). If you do not have a capable tow vehicle, Tee-Time will provide a pickup truck. Again, you drive back to the Fort, unload, then return the truck and trailer.

As our Jeep Wrangler is only capable of towing a small trailer, we always use their truck. There are shops across the parking lot so my wife goes shopping while I take the truck and drop off the cart. The whole process is pretty easy. Hardest part is getting the DW out of the shops��

Seriously though, you can count on the whole process taking about 45 minutes... Assuming you don't have to wait for the previous customer to return with the truck. Yes... It is quite an operation they have going and sometimes they get backed up.

When I did this back in March, they had 7 or 8 carts in the restaurant parking lot waiting for pickup, and I did have to wait for the customer ahead of me to return with the truck.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:20 AM   #7

One more tip...

Be sure you have your Magic Band and can come and go through the gates without having to have the guard open the gate for you. The security guard gets backed up checking people in and that can cause delays. You don't want to be in that line.

If you have your Magic Band, you can use the side gate where the Disney Buses enter and exit the parking lot. It is un-manned and much faster than trying to go through the front gate.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:55 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That sounds like too much hassle for me. We've been to Disney/FW twice and it is a great experience. However, it is clear that Disney's SOP is to grab you and get all your money. If they were not so greedy, they could lower the cost of their golf car rentals to be more competitive, rent more cars and save their guests the extra work.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:38 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
You will have to trailer the cart back into the Fort, but it's up to you where you unload it. You could just unload it in the front parking lot, then drive it back to your site, but the parking lot is also Disney property, so Tee-Time cannot deliver it to you there.

Here's how it works.

1) You will coordinate an off-site pickup time with Tee-Time.
2) Tee-time will meet you at a restaurant about 4 miles from Fort Wilderness.
3) if you have a vehicle capable of towing a golf cart trailer, they will hitch the trailer to your car. You drive to the Fort, unload then return the trailer to Tee-time waiting at the restaurant off-site.
3)b). If you do not have a capable tow vehicle, Tee-Time will provide a pickup truck. Again, you drive back to the Fort, unload, then return the truck and trailer.

As our Jeep Wrangler is only capable of towing a small trailer, we always use their truck. There are shops across the parking lot so my wife goes shopping while I take the truck and drop off the cart. The whole process is pretty easy. Hardest part is getting the DW out of the shops��

Seriously though, you can count on the whole process taking about 45 minutes... Assuming you don't have to wait for the previous customer to return with the truck. Yes... It is quite an operation they have going and sometimes they get backed up.

When I did this back in March, they had 7 or 8 carts in the restaurant parking lot waiting for pickup, and I did have to wait for the customer ahead of me to return with the truck.
How do you return the cart after rental period ?? Above process in reverse ??
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
How do you return the cart after rental period ?? Above process in reverse ??
Officially... Yes.

Let me send you a PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
That sounds like too much hassle for me. We've been to Disney/FW twice and it is a great experience. However, it is clear that Disney's SOP is to grab you and get all your money. If they were not so greedy, they could lower the cost of their golf car rentals to be more competitive, rent more cars and save their guests the extra work.
It is kind of a hassle, but we try to make the best of it. The wife goes shopping and I take care of the cart transport. We try to get this all done on the day we arrive so we don't have to mess with it later. Once I'm there, I hate getting out of the Disney bubble!

I think it's worth the effort if you are going to be there for a at least a week. Last I checked Tee-Times rental fees were about half of Disney's fees. If I were only going to be there for a few days, I probably wouldn't bother.

... but as the saying goes... when you walk through the gates of Disney, Mickey Mouse will grab you by the ankles, turn you upside down and shake all the money out of your pockets.

If you're OK with that... You're gonna have a wonderful time!