Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2015, 04:25 AM   #15
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Pirates will probably be down for refurbishing. Rides are similar but not identical. Four days is not a lot even to see two parks. The Animal Kingdom is excellent as is Hollywood Studios.

For the best information check out FortFiends.

Fort Wilderness Loops Information - Fort Fiends

Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2015, 04:56 AM   #16

I would also recommend Fort Fiends for info, also you can always extend the days on your tickets, if needed or wanted to, instead of buying a new ticket it might be cheaper so if your really having a good time and want more days go that route.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:07 AM   #17
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't agree that the carts are needed, in fact, we find them a pain, but to each their own. Disney provides transportation to wherever you'd care to go on the property or you can take your car if leaving the Fort.

Most of the so called "identical" rides between Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom do have differences, but you'd have to be a frequent flyer or complete fanatic to notice. For example, the last time we were at Disneyland you sat in tandem in the Splash Mountain "logs", in the Magic Kingdom you sit two side by side. The beginning of the Pirates rides are completely different. Then there's the three other parks...
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:45 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
DisneyWorld was my first job, many many years ago. One thing I learned and always pass on, go later in the afternoon and stay late! When we go, we try to be there by 3-4pm and stay til closing...its cooler and the evenings there are wonderful.
Also, take bug spray for the campground...a must!
Most people go into the park and do one of two things...after walking thru main street, they 1) head straight for the castle or 2) go thru main street and go right into the space mountain area. To avoid the crowd...go left after main street.
Just my two cents. Have a "magical" trip and safe travels.
Andi
Old 03-21-2015, 01:12 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolanded View Post
I'm not familiar with the need for a golf cart there! Please explain!😊
There is basically no car parking inside fort wilderness. You either bring or rent a golf cart or wait on a bus which I believe runs every 20 minutes or so. I found it easier to get on my cart go to the marina or hoop tee doo show or bus transportation station.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:18 PM   #20

I don't think we'll need a golf cart. Will probably just use the park transportation. We have our dually truck for transportation outside of the park. Four days is probably plenty for us our first time around, especially since we already have Disneyland in our own backyard😊I know you can't compare the two, but we probably wouldn't go on rides that we have been on countless times here. We also plan to go back in the future,so will certainly take in the other parks like Animal Kingdom in the future! We don't have too much time to spend there as we are heading on towards Key West after Orlando and then up the East Coast to the Carolinas before we turn West.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:22 PM   #21
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Be sure to ride the Carousel of Progress in the Magic Kingdom. It was originally at Disneyland. Unfortunately no more submarine rides or gondola rides over the park.

From Ft. Wilderness just go to the dock and take a boat. The transportations systems are included in the stay. Be sure to take a Monorail ride for a loop because it takes you past and through several of the premier hotels. You can even see where the lake goes over the road.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:11 PM   #22

Carolanded: Rides are somewhat similar, however Disneyworld has a lot to offer. Ft Wilderness has bus stops every camp site entrances. You can catch them everywhere, and they take you to all parks and Downtown Disney (stores). At Ft Wilderness you can walk to the boat dock and the boats can take you to Mickey. Golf carts are expensive, so if you don't mind a little walk to bus stop y'all will be fine. Buses run every 10 minutes. Grocery store just outside Downtown Disney in case needed. They do have country store on grounds. Rent boats or canoes. Swimming pools on grounds. Universal and Sea World just down the road. Reservations that you made are very important. This park is always packed all year long. When you entered make sure your follow signs to Fort Wilderness, go to entrance gate and you will stop to get your site and pay. When you go to your site and it doesn't work out for ya, find one that does and call them and they will change it for you. Have done this several times. We go there every summer and all the grandkids come. If you need any further info message me. Enjoy, It's A Maigical Day
gmharrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:57 PM   #23

Car???

We are going in 1st week of December. Got the reservations for "Premium" site. We are going to be on another month long adventure so we will have the Malibu on the KarKaddy. The fort is just one of our scheduled stops along the way. Is there room enough to fold the dolly up and keep it and our car on our site?? The description says they are "spacious", just what does that translate too? Thanks in advance, Just Another Old Doggy, Don
OldDoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:05 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDoggy View Post
We are going in 1st week of December. Got the reservations for "Premium" site. We are going to be on another month long adventure so we will have the Malibu on the KarKaddy. The fort is just one of our scheduled stops along the way. Is there room enough to fold the dolly up and keep it and our car on our site?? The description says they are "spacious", just what does that translate too? Thanks in advance, Just Another Old Doggy, Don
This is a premium site in the 600 loop.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1427047527.154562.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	89270
Old 03-22-2015, 04:57 PM   #25

I've been to both.
DisneyLand is equitable to Magic Kingdon at DW, but not identical.

Maybe spend one day at MK and spread the rest of your park pass around the other parks.

We've stayed at FW several times.
Last year, for the first time, we made reservations at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. One of the hgh points of that trip.
Fun show and tons of great food.
If you think may you want to go, make your reservations for that tonite! It sells out way early.

Have fun (i'm sooooo jealous)
Old 03-22-2015, 05:36 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDoggy View Post
I use a tandem tow dolly so I can haul my golf cart and my car together. You will probably have room at site for the dolly but I leave mine in the overflow lot at the fort. It leaves much more room at your site. The fort is 750 acres so if you want to get anywhere without waiting on buses I would get a golf cart and it's fun to ride around and check out others campsites.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:33 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolanded View Post
Ok..I read up on the golf carts..great idea! Here's another question. I grew up with Disneyland less than an hour from my house in SoCal. So I'm familiar with the rides, fast pass, etc. For example, I've been on Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion rides, etc,many,many times over the years. For those who have been to both parks, are the rides identical? Or should we spend our time on things at Disneyworld that Disneyland does not have?
The last time I was in Disneyland ole Walt was buying property here in Florida for Disney world, so I can't compare the rides. We have a 6-year old so we see everything from her eye. She likes the roller coaster rides.

There are 4 parks and they are all unique. I'd Google disneyworld insider or something like that to see what rides are the best. We have anual passes so we're there quite a bit, camping or not
Old 03-22-2015, 08:30 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake74 View Post
I use a tandem tow dolly so I can haul my golf cart and my car together. You will probably have room at site for the dolly but I leave mine in the overflow lot at the fort. It leaves much more room at your site. The fort is 750 acres so if you want to get anywhere without waiting on buses I would get a golf cart and it's fun to ride around and check out others campsites.
WE always rent a golf cart. Every once in a while I get thinking of buying one but so far FW is the only place we go where it would be used so it doesn't seem to make sense.

A tandem trailer seems like a cool idea. I've seen a couple of them on Craig's list. Would definitely consider that if we towed a golf cart along with our car.

The overflow lot at FW is a great place to leave things so you don't clutter up your campsite. We make our friends park there.

By the way, if you know people in the area they can drop by to see you without paying. Since we're local we always have at least one night of friends stoping by to party and see the fireworks from the beach of the campground.