Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2015, 10:16 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Jay, you are spot on with trying for slower times...there is no real slow time anymore! We did try the week post thanksgiving once and it was really nice as we are usually there the "week of" and it is crazy busy. Kids schedules get in the way.....but not too far off from it only depending on my wife and I. You are about 12-13 years ahead of what our plan is, spend winters and early spring down there !!

2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #16

Appalachian Campers
I have been to WDW three times, 1994, 1996, 2010. In 94 and 96 we went the first or second week of December, one whole week after Thanksgiving. It was great, walk up, get on a ride. Walk up, sit down for dinner with no wait.

In 2010 we went during the kids fall break in October and it wasn't bad, but with the fast pass we didn't waste time.

The only problem with that is October is WDW's food and wine festival at Epcot. Dealing with drunks every evening was not in my plans. I don't mean tipsy and giggly, I mean drunk. Falling down, cursing, puking drunk. At Disneyworld of all places.

I wrote them a nastygram about it and WDW actually called me to apologize, they asked my opinions about what could be done to stop it and actually discussed it with me. Then they admitted to me that I'm not the only one that had issues, that the success of the F&W fest was closely matched by concerned parents.

I don't know if or what they have done, but I admire the way they called me.

sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:14 AM   #17

Lake Louisa State Park is a short drive from Disney and it costs much much less. And they have some full hook up sites. No way would I ever pay the price to stay at FW. But that is just me. It is obviously a very popular place.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknight View Post
I have been to WDW three times, 1994, 1996, 2010. In 94 and 96 we went the first or second week of December, one whole week after Thanksgiving. It was great, walk up, get on a ride. Walk up, sit down for dinner with no wait.

In 2010 we went during the kids fall break in October and it wasn't bad, but with the fast pass we didn't waste time.

The only problem with that is October is WDW's food and wine festival at Epcot. Dealing with drunks every evening was not in my plans. I don't mean tipsy and giggly, I mean drunk. Falling down, cursing, puking drunk. At Disneyworld of all places.

I wrote them a nastygram about it and WDW actually called me to apologize, they asked my opinions about what could be done to stop it and actually discussed it with me. Then they admitted to me that I'm not the only one that had issues, that the success of the F&W fest was closely matched by concerned parents.

I don't know if or what they have done, but I admire the way they called me.

I was there last October I really don't think wine fest has a lot to do with drunks. You can get alcohol anywhere the drop down flat on your face drunks probably didn't get that way on wine.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:49 PM   #19
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
I was there last October I really don't think wine fest has a lot to do with drunks. You can get alcohol anywhere the drop down flat on your face drunks probably didn't get that way on wine.
Wine isn't the only alcoholic drink they serve.

I've heard of problems from friends. Apparently it's more prevalent on weekend nights when locals tend to hit the "party". For our part, we just avoid Epcot at night during the festival.

In our opinion, alcohol has no place in any park with the name "Disney" on it. A beer or wine served with a meal, especially at the Epcot world showcase venues, isn't the problem. Alcohol is now sold from a number and variety of kiosks all around the world showcase.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:51 PM   #20

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Wine isn't the only alcoholic drink they serve.

I've heard of problems from friends. Apparently it's more prevalent on weekend nights when locals tend to hit the "party". For our part, we just avoid Epcot at night during the festival.

In our opinion, alcohol has no place in any park with the name "Disney" on it. A beer or wine served with a meal, especially at the Epcot world showcase venues, isn't the problem. Alcohol is now sold from a number and variety of kiosks all around the world showcase.
That's exactly what I told them, I took my kids to what's supposed to be a good, safe experience. Not me squaring off against six drunk guys and two women over their language on a bus. My kids, 14 and 16 YO brown belts standing behind me, knew those words by now. But the 3, 5 and 8 year olds, the 5 year old looking up at dad asking what [ moderator edit ]means, or the lady with her 10 and 12 YO daughters didn't appreciate it.

And it was something every night, once we ended up in a common bus route it was a group bragging about the wine they got at Epcot, how many countries they checked off on their shirts. Every night, just different groups.

It nearly ruined an otherwise great trip and will be considered if/when I decide to return.
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:25 AM   #21

It's all about $$$$ what better way to increase revenue with the same amount of people sell alcohol. I do have to admit I was alittle shock when I saw all the liquor bottles behind the counter at the camp store. From a none drinker it would take alittle more than some drunks on short bus ride to ruin my trip. I just look at it as it's the society we live in and as they say you can't fix stupid.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:49 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
x 2. we stayed there for a week jan 2015 loved it.after being on the road for some time there been all kind of people. we just no confertation and if they force there self in the MH. not good for them.
sorry about the spelling bob,linda & missy
Old 03-02-2015, 11:40 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Just stayed for 4 days, a little pricey but worth it!
Old 03-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #24

We're were there the week,of 2/15. Must enjoyed everything but the weather. Got cold on us. The park was nice real nice and I saw the whole park. Took a bike ride ken morning and could not find my way back to the site. We were in 415 easy In easy out.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:55 PM   #25

I was there from February 6-13. It was my fIrst time there and what a campground. It is by far the nicest camp ground I've been to. But I'm sure most CG don't have the money disney does to build or maintain a 750 acre CG.