Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2016, 07:23 AM   #1

KZ RV Club
Frisco Woods , NC.....STAY AWAY!

Just a rant about our experience last week at Frisco Woods Campground.

We booked site b14 on 7/31/15 for a stay starting 7/16/16. Had a 27' trailer with one slide at the time. When we were shopping for a new trailer I called and was told I'd be fine still in that site. Sent an email 6/29/16 using the link on their site again trying to clarify that we'd fit in the site with our new trailer. No response. We get there and get to our site and find that there's no way anything but a pop up or maybe a 20' trailer is going to get in there and even then there'd be no pace to part our tow vehicle. Also the neighboring sites have set up that we'd never get a slide out.

We call the office to see what can be done. A young man is able to find one site that's open the full week we are staying- great. He tells us the site number-27. We go there and find its not full hookup and it's tiny. We go to the office and a woman rudely says "well that's the wrong 27" - well how about when you tell a person a site number tell them that there's more than one of that number so they can find the right one! She also tells me at that point b14 is not meant for a trailer with a slide anyway- not sure why they let me book it then??? So we are directed to the actual 27 that's meant for a trailer. It's a large site that's on the far edge of the grounds. We survey things before pulling in.

The sewer pipe is above ground and disconnected about 12' from the trailer connection. We spot a man working on a rental cabin next door and he is watching us so we pointed out the sewer line. He speaks no English but seems to understand and fixes it. However the site and hookups are situated so different from the neighboring ones we can't tell how to get the trailer in with the trees without driving all over the grounds. We go to the office to see if we can be given direction. At this point I'm quite angry as I just spent almost 12 hrs getting here. We encounter the same lady who also tells me they respond to all emails unless the go to spam -which is funny because I used the link on their site when attempting to reach them as stated above.

She calls "Buster" the owner. He shows up and is clearly annoyed that she had to call him as he's shaking his head at us. He is willing to help us get into the site. (All the office had to tell us what that it's ok to drive all over the grass and such and that however we got in was fine.) I also tried to tell him the story from the beginning of our frustrations and he cut me off and pointed his finger at me and said "they handle that, I'm just here to get you into that site" and walked away. Once at the site he just says "get in however you can- we don't care" and asks hubby if he'll be able to do it. He drives off on his cart and leaves. We never again had to deal with him thankfully but I did apologize to the two people in the office as I'm sure I was over emotional.

We never even told them that the cable didn't work because we did not want another issue. However this all could have been avoided if they hadn't booked a site we'd never fit in and even then- had they responded to my communication weeks before the trip. The sunsets are great but we won't be back!

2014 Dutchman Aerolite 294RKSS
2015 Toyota Tundra TRD

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2016, 07:52 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Frustrations are tough when camping. Think about the sunsets and forget the things that did not got exactly the way you would have written the script. Do not turn a camping trip with loved ones into a drama. The only campground I refuse to stay at is "Melrose Place."

KCFDCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:24 PM   #3

Here's the place that you should voice concerns although with this long rant it probably wouldn't get it published unless you tone it down a bit. Looking at the web site photos it appears that you park on grass so I don't know your issue about driving on the grass.

When you make reservations tell them you have a slide and how many. This sometimes makes a difference as to the site assigned.

Give the benefit of doubt..perhaps the office personnel was having a bad day, also - just like you. Every camp stay is not perfect, everyone will agree. Hopefully, the rest of your trip went well.

[Moderator Edit] Have a good day!

Frisco, NC Campground Reviews - Best of Frisco Camping - RV Park Reviews
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:41 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Instead of emailing them about the change in trailers, it would have been better to call them to discuss changing sites if need be. Usually, the owner or manager handles all the emails, so the reservation clerk has no clue that you emailed.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 05:44 AM   #5

KZ RV Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
Instead of emailing them about the change in trailers, it would have been better to call them to discuss changing sites if need be. Usually, the owner or manager handles all the emails, so the reservation clerk has no clue that you emailed.

We did call when we got the new trailer and were told we'd be fine. then I emailed again two weeks before the trip. Lady in office claims my email must have gone to spam despite the fact I used the link they provide to email them. Either way- they never should have booked us in that site since it clearly was meant for more of a pop up trailer.

We got the feeling the rest of our trip that it was all about the money and filling the campground - nothing else.

2015 Toyota Tundra TRD
Old 07-28-2016, 05:49 AM   #6

KZ RV Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Here's the place that you should voice concerns although with this long rant it probably wouldn't get it published unless you tone it down a bit. Looking at the web site photos it appears that you park on grass so I don't know your issue about driving on the grass.

When you make reservations tell them you have a slide and how many. This sometimes makes a difference as to the site assigned.

Give the benefit of doubt..perhaps the office personnel was having a bad day, also - just like you. Every camp stay is not perfect, everyone will agree. Hopefully, the rest of your trip went well.

Breaking up your rant into readable paragraphs would have been much easier on the eyes. Have a good day!

Frisco, NC Campground Reviews - Best of Frisco Camping - RV Park Reviews

We did give them our length and slide info when we booked a year before our stay. It made no difference.

Also - some sites were on grass but it was clear that they were sites- where they eventually had us drive on was a lawn which had no signs of use or being driven on, it also seemed like it was the space which went with the cabins which were there. Had the office just said " hey we know that site is situated different from all the others - just make it work" we would not have had to get the nasty owner involved.

[Moderator Edit]

2015 Toyota Tundra TRD