Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
From Florida to snow..

Looking to drive to some somewhat real snow for an impromptu Rv trip with my girls 12,10,8, &41.. . Went to stone mountain Georgia last year and had a blast. Would love to go more north nearer to Gatlinburg or beach mountain. 28' class c, what is the best area and easiest / safest route?

CharlieVick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2014, 10:09 PM   #2
American Coach Owners Club
Up I-95 with a stop in Savannah, we love Savannah, then on to I-26 to I-40. Getting off 40 at exit 27 on to 23/74, then onto 19 through Maggie Valley to crossover the Park on 441 going into Gatlinburg. A stop in Cherokee is OK, if you've never been there but tighten up the purse strings. The ride through the Park on 441 can be very slow, but very scenic. If short on time, I'd continue North on I-40 until you hit 321, hang a left. You can always do 441 after visiting Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge(Dollywood). This is what we do when visiting DW's cousin in TN. albeit not during winter time.

Jan and Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #3
Eagerly watching this thread for replies, as we are new class C owners looking to do the same thing... from Central Florida to TN (Gatlinburg?) in mid/late February

If you go before that, I'd love to hear how you make out.

ablythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by ablythe View Post
Eagerly watching this thread for replies, as we are new class C owners looking to do the same thing... from Central Florida to TN (Gatlinburg?) in mid/late February If you go before that, I'd love to hear how you make out. Andrew
Beautiful area
I'm pretty sure Dollywood doesn't open till some time in March thou
Check their schedule - it is a highlight of Pidgeon Forge
2005 Monaco Signature Castle 1V
2013 Subaru Outback Toad
SteveSkinner is offline   Reply With Quote