Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2015, 09:19 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Ft. Myers, FL to Grand Rapids, MI with good CG's

We will be traveling from Ft. Myers to Grand Rapids at end of month and would greatly appreciate advice about best route to take and best stopping points with 50 amp campgrounds along the way. We are all electric and want full hook ups and easy on and off highway as much as possible.

Mapquest suggests I-75 to Rt. 33 near Ft. Wayne to I-69 to I-94 to Rt. 131 into Michigan to Grand Rapids.

Would appreciate recommendations for route and stopping points.

Many thanks.

Deek

FMCA #363986 / 'Living the Dream' ... What an Incredible Hoot!
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 - All Electric / 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit AWD / SMI Air Force One / NHSO
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #2

Deek ........ Don't forget to stop at your favorite FREE Newmar campground.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:14 AM   #3
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spsm View Post
He will almost be home by then!
Old 03-13-2015, 10:27 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spsm View Post
Thanks, Spsm. Also, we love staying over at FMCA in Cincy but on the route planned by Mapquest it looks like we would miss that. We may want to reconsider our route for this reason -- exactly why I am looking for those with more experience than us to help guide the way! I have learned from iRV2 that it always makes sense to ask others -- there are always others who have paved the way who can make our trip better.

There is no beating the deal at Newmar, that's for sure -- super deal at zero cost for all comers and a perfect place to roost for a night or two while being able to take the factory tour at Newmar and have the amenities and ambiance of Nappanee to boot.

Deek
FMCA #363986 / 'Living the Dream' ... What an Incredible Hoot!
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 - All Electric / 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit AWD / SMI Air Force One / NHSO
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:20 PM   #5

Why are you relying on MapQuest? Create your own route and stop at places you want. We've driven all over the country using mainly secondary roads with our 40' Newmar.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:30 PM   #6

Deek
If you come thru Nappanee give me a pm, I'd love to meet the mayor of hootsville. If you need a campground near Grand Rapids I would recommend Hidden Ridge in Hopkins Mi very nice place
Old 03-15-2015, 10:36 PM   #7

We live near Indianapolis. When we drive to/from Ft. Myers Beach, we use I65 because it totally misses mountains, and Atlanta. It does add about 80 miles to the trip vs. I 75 though.
You will be coming North on I 75, and I highly recommend Renfro Valley RV park, KY exit 62. They have a FHU, 50A electric section specifically for big rigs. There is a truck stop/with restaurant, between the interstate and Renfro Valley entertainment center/RV park. That is about 900 miles from Ft. Myers. Since we only drive 350 miles a day max. it works out about right for us. Then the next day puts us home.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:39 AM   #8

I second Renfro Valley and they are Passport America..half price.....great entertainment.