Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2014, 10:31 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Galveston RV Park AND Beach house rental

The family wants to rent a beach house or two in Galveston next June and I'd like to go down in the coach and stay close as possible too.

Anyone know of beach house rentals next to an RV park?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #2

Kent we did that a year and a half ago I stayed at spot 6 at the new state park in Galveston daughter might still have the info. On a condo rental I'll find outClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1416505459.035241.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	637.4 KB
ID:	79486Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1416505501.179044.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	927.9 KB
ID:	79487ill get with you I do prefer Tiki Toms 6 miles from the beach but this is in the water last pic is there Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1416505660.638136.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	781.0 KB
ID:	79488
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #3

Check out Jamaica Beech RV park, Home Page. Great place lot of amenities and just across from the beech. In the coach the front row spaces have a great view of the beech out the front window. A lot of Beech House rentals around the area.

The State park is just a couple miles away, but it is pretty bare bones in my opinion.
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:54 AM   #4

This is close the new park is by there
Old 11-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
GALVESTON.COM: Dellanera RV Park | Photo Gallery

These pics show this Dellanera Park, WOW right on the beach! I told the family just to rent RV's and come down...LOL
Old 11-20-2014, 12:18 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We actually had reservations there for Bike Week, but one of our group miscounted vacation days, so we cancelled :(
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
There are plenty of rentals available on the west end of the Island, just contact any real estate office or rental service company for a house(s) near the area where you decide to camp. We have a home in Jamaica Beach and enjoy having some distance from the city of Galveston.

If you want to stay on the beach in your RV Dellanera is located closer to the amenities of town while the State Park is a few miles west. The Jamaica Beach RV park is across the highway from the beach but does have more amenities than the two beachfront parks. The State Park in general feels a bit "roomier" and not quite so cramped. Tiki Tom's is located on Tiki Island which is across the causeway from Galveston Island. Traveling the causeway to visit your party on the beach might get old (depending on traffic) after the first day. Whatever you decide enjoy your stay!
Thunderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Dellanera is a good choice

We have stayed at the Dellanera rv park on and off over the past 4 years.We are very happy with the proximity to town but not to close. We are booked for 3 days during Thanksgiving . We come and stay year round for long weekends. It's about An hour and 45 min from our home.
We may drive down and check out Jamaca beach rv park while we are there but being 100' or less from the beach is nice and you don't have to cross the road either at Dellanera. Mike

10/18/19 Dutch has passed but still travels with us in our hearts :(
mikee409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:31 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee409 View Post
We have stayed at the Dellanera rv park on and off over the past 4 years.We are very happy with the proximity to town but not to close. We are booked for 3 days during Thanksgiving . We come and stay year round for long weekends. It's about An hour and 45 min from our home.
We may drive down and check out Jamaca beach rv park while we are there but being 100' or less from the beach is nice and you don't have to cross the road either at Dellanera. Mike
Mike take pics and tell me whats the best number camping spaces when you go please?

Thanks!

Old 11-23-2014, 11:06 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
@ Lincolnboy2, this link from an above post pretty much says it all. GALVESTON.COM: Dellanera RV Park | Photo Gallery
The way the resurvations work , you can't pick a site. One thing is though, when you 1st enter the park all the back in spaces on the beach side will hold up to a 38' RV, and a 40' might fit. Their all back in sites. The ones on the lagoon side are for travel trailers or class "C" RV's. On the West side of the park are the pull thrus and more back in's. Still the back in's are the ones backed up to the sand dune of the beach. If you end up on the lagoon side of the park you get to see lots of wading birds. We have stayed in every side of the park and they are all nice and well kept. But yeah, if I had my choice I would like to be on the beach side.
Mike

10/18/19 Dutch has passed but still travels with us in our hearts :(
mikee409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:01 PM   #11

Thanks Kent is my brother
Old 06-03-2015, 01:27 PM   #12

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well, I've waffled from the State Park to Jamaica Beach RV Park to no back to Dellanera.

I fiddled around and waited too long and the trip is next week, calling Dellanera today and they have me in the same space for Tues-Fri but will have to move Fri.

Maybe something will change and someone will cancel and I won't have to.!!

Wish us luck!
Old 06-04-2015, 05:27 AM   #13

Kent I also stay at Tiki Toms a bit pricy exit 4 on 45 calle this evening if needed
Old 06-04-2015, 07:51 AM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The have me in a back in right at the beach front for the full trip, no moving necessary! So glad!!

Thanks Dave!