Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2016, 11:53 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Gas Shortage in Southeast

In case you missed it on the news, due to a pipe rupture in Georgia, there may be a short term gas shortage beginning the end of next week. So if you are traveling in the southeast, you might want to pay closer attention to your gas gauge, just in case.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2016, 12:01 PM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
Yep went up 25 cents per gallon here yesterday. Station I normally use was out by 7pm last night.
mhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti Brown View Post
In case you missed it on the news, due to a pipe rupture in Georgia, there may be a short term gas shortage beginning the end of next week. So if you are traveling in the southeast, you might want to pay closer attention to your gas gauge, just in case.
Actually Alabama and only about 250,000 gallons.let's hope they have it contained.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 01:23 PM   #4

Gas Shortage in Southeast

Problem is the pipeline is shut down. They are diverting gas into the adjacent diesel and JP line and alternating delivery. Everything past central AL on the Colonial Pipeline route is suffering. The local stations here at least are not letting a good crisis go to waste. 25 cent increase within a few hours of the leak.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:30 PM   #5

The spill is now estimated at about 350,000 gallons. So far it is contained in an old mining retention pond below the leak site. Hopefully it won't get into groundwater.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:32 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
North Carolina already has a lot of gas stations that have run out of gas. Prices have jumped as much as 35 cents/gallon
Old 09-18-2016, 09:41 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylu View Post
North Carolina already has a lot of gas stations that have run out of gas. Prices have jumped as much as 35 cents/gallon
Yes lots of stations jacked up the prices and sold out. I was lucky and got regular pricing at 1.99 ULR 89 at Wilco but they had almost sold out at 8 pm on 9-17.
We are heading to Northern GA, Monday to test drive a MH to buy but that may go on the back burner until we see if fuel is available on our travels.

Looking at a 2007 Four Winds Windsport
Stevewildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhudson View Post
Problem is the pipeline is shut down. They are diverting gas into the adjacent diesel and JP line and alternating delivery. Everything past central AL on the Colonial Pipeline route is suffering. The local stations here at least are not letting a good crisis go to waste. 25 cent increase within a few hours of the leak.
Well said. Love the hike in price for fuel the station already had and paid for prior to the "crisis."
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 03:33 PM   #9

Nothing has changed down here in South Alabama.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Nothing has changed down here in South Alabama.
Thanks. Can you please keep us updated?

Asking because me & the wife are heading to Florida in 2 weeks. That is if the whole state hasn't sunk into the ocean before we get there...
biggcrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:37 PM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
I'm heading from NJ to FL Keys tomorrow. I'll update if I run into problems but I'll be on the diesel side of things.
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:51 PM   #12

We are staying at a campground at Lake Lanier in Cumming, GA. Most stations still had gas this afternoon, but lines were long (reminded me of 1973), with prices around $2.40 - $2.50.
Old 09-18-2016, 05:55 PM   #13

Exclamation

we came back to N GA / W NC yesterday from Atlanta - no gas or diesel available here in Hayesville NC - fortunately I was just into the 'Low Fuel' indicator when we arrived home.

we saw many stations, Murphy's included, that were stacked for 4-8 deep waiting for fuel at many stations, but at the time had not heard anything about this issue - now we know!
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:46 PM   #14

I just filled up one hour ago,$1.99 all the gas you want.We were in
Rock hill SC.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas