Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2015, 03:45 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgia Bound, Weather Advice Needed

The Mrs and I are on an extended vacation/visit the family trip. Problem is that I40 is a mess weather wise and 10/20 down south doesn't appear much better. Softball size hale, localized flooding and tornados. We're getting ready to enter Arizona and are looking for input from our fellow RVers as to the best possible route to take in order to avoid the most serious weather.

I've been considering south of I20, but severe weather alerts are all over the place in TX, LA and the rest of our planned route. Anybody have good news regarding wether out that way?
'97 Pace Arrow Vision 36 with Tag Axel, Ford 460 with Banks Power Pack. 2000 Jeep Wrangler Toad, one miniature schnauzer that rules the roost and a wife that enjoys traveling. Retired FTCS (SS) USN and loving it. FMCA#461483
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2015, 04:17 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You could come to the Black Hills in SD, only a foot of snow and still snowing.

Seriously, I would wait a couple of days and just follow the front.
Old 05-10-2015, 05:50 AM   #3

I am in Ms about half way between 20 & 40. We have no sever weather forecast for the entire week. I know Tx and La have been getting some storms but they have stalled before they crossed the Ms River so someone else will have to reply to that. I will tell you that I10 across La is rough so I would travel 20 or 40 if I had a choice.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:45 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the advice.

I appreciate the good advice. I will try following the storm front east as much as possible. I realize I10 gets rough at times, but I was looking to keep as far south of the system as possible. We had planned taking 40 all the way, but the weather is the biggest unknown along that route. The Dallas area has been hard hit as well so I20 might prove to be dicey. Wish us luck. Being from the NW rain isn't the issue. Large hail stones, flash floods and tornados are another story altogether. Thanks again and wish us luck.
'97 Pace Arrow Vision 36 with Tag Axel, Ford 460 with Banks Power Pack. 2000 Jeep Wrangler Toad, one miniature schnauzer that rules the roost and a wife that enjoys traveling. Retired FTCS (SS) USN and loving it. FMCA#461483
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:49 PM   #5

In the south, we just call that kind of weather summer! We don't really freak out until it snows 3/4 of an inch.

Tags
advice