Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2013, 06:35 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchrome View Post
Harley has torn down all the old buildings on the west side of the new softail plant. The upper lot stays full but the lower lot is no longer used. There is plenty of room for your MH. You will just have to walk the side walk to the main building...a great tour...you can see all the bikes begin from raw metal to the finished product at the end of the line...I also ride HD's and the company I manage takes care of all the HVAC needs for Harley here in York. The museum at the plant is another great place to visit as well as the factory store...one of a kind shirts and other stuff can be bought..

If you need help you can e-mail me and we can hook up.

Bill
Without a doubt, we will tour the factory come Spring. I called the factory yesterday and spoke with the receptionist there. She informed me about the "steel toe" tour, which is a more in depth tour, and that they don't offer that tour in the month of June due to the new model changes. She also said, that Friday isn't a good day to go also. I forget why, but it's no big deal, we simply won't go on Friday.
I hope to have my '03 Ultra as my toad by then. If I tow it down there for sure we can hook up and if you wouldn't mind you could show me & my wife some cool places in and around the area.
Again, many thanks for the info.
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
For great food in Hershey. The Hershey Pantry. Make it a point to eat there when I'm in the neighborhood.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #17

There is a really good book, "Hallowed Ground, A Walk At Gettysburg" by James McPherson. He is a leading civil war historian and has spent lots of time at Gettysburg. He takes you through the battle from start to finish. It is also available as an audio book so you can listen to it when you tour.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #18

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
York Visit

When you come down please let me know a week or so in advance...The tour is well worth it...June is the switch over of the new bikes and the public cannot see the new models..

Friday is a bad day due to some shut downs and other employee issues.

I would love to ride with you both as my wife can climb on her Fatboy...Maybe dinner at my social club or a place of your choice..

Bill and Brenda
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	283066_2036551166704_1631993525_1985304_6035664_n.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	31625  
Old 01-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Lots to do and see in these towns

We live near Hershey, PA. The park, outlet shopping are just a couple of things to do in Hershey. Good camping around the area as well. We like KOA Twin Grove Resort & Campground, Pine Grove, PA (near Indiantown Gap Army Depot). Lancaster has many PA Dutch attractions with lots of good eats, buggy rides, scenic drives around the many Amish and Mennonite farms in the area. Also, recommend Shady Maple Smorgasboard when you need to fill the empty stomach. Of course, everyone should visit Gettysburg. Artillery Ridge campground is great. We've stayed there and at Gettysburg Campground. Also a nice place to camp (level sites).

BerylCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrtrcr View Post
For great food in Hershey. The Hershey Pantry. Make it a point to eat there when I'm in the neighborhood.
THANKS! I have just added that to my book on "must see things"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpharley View Post
There is a really good book, "Hallowed Ground, A Walk At Gettysburg" by James McPherson. He is a leading civil war historian and has spent lots of time at Gettysburg. He takes you through the battle from start to finish. It is also available as an audio book so you can listen to it when you tour.
Wow! I can't believe that the book is called "Hallowed Ground". I say that because when my wife said to me "Why do you want to go to Gettysburg?" I told her that I wanted to stand on that hallowed ground and imagine what it must've been like back then.
And, I have gotten a gift certificate for I Tunes for Christmas which I haven't used yet but I'm pretty sure I'll use it on that book on tape and brush up on my history before we go there!
Thanks and much appreciation!
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote