Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #1

Going to be in Phoenix for a while... so many mixed park reviews!! Help!

My fiancee' and I sold our stuff and bought our RV to see the country. Now that we're nearing the end of the trip we need to settle down and look for a place to stay while we seek employment. That part is easy... the settle down part isn't!

Looking to stay for around a month. Plan is to get jobs, put the RV up for sale (:(), and find an apartment.

Reading reviews for Phoenix-area RV parks leaves me in a daze. There are many conflicting reviews or some places with no reviews at all!

Covered Wagon (Yelp, google with 7 reviews) seems to be in a bad area of town but the park sounds nice. Management worries me though; especially being a younger couple from Massachusetts.

Desert Sands doesn't have many reviews. trip advisor

Desert Shadows doesn't seem to have ANY reviews except one that says its a 55+ park (isn't listed as such) and they had to pay the WEEKLY rate because they were younger.

Anyone have input on this? We'll be arriving in a few days!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2013, 06:50 AM   #2

Most parks in Phoenix are "geezer parks" for the 55+ crowd. Few are not. Try this small one In Mesa and say hi to friendly Bobby the owner.

The Tiffany RV Park, RV Site Genertal Information

There are plenty of RV consignment lots on the same street where you can sell yours. Phoenix is the end of the road for many.
Air Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #3

Before we moved here we stayed at many, but like Eagle View @ Ft McDowell. Since it's right on the Beeline, and not far from the 202 you're pretty well located. There are some nice Maricopa County Parks (Usery Mtn, Mcdowell Mtn), and if you don't mind being a bit farther East, Gold Mountain has some nice ones, too.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #4

Air Baron, I read all about that park on their site and it sounds so nice! It's quite small though so I hope they have a spot for us.

soricobob, thanks for the idea on location as we don't know the area at all! Eagle View gets really great reviews too. Problem is, we have no tow, so we're on bicycles til we sell our home!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:13 AM   #5

You might want to check with some car rental companies for a monthly rate.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #6

Nothing fancy but very, very reasonable monthly rate and a very easy drive into Phoenix. Leaf Verde RV resort www.leafverde.com/ in Buckeye, Arizona. We stayed a month in 10/11 and paid less than $400 for the month and that include electric. Nice place but an open field.
mga60tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #7

It will be very difficult to look for jobs in Phoenix without a car. You really need to look into renting one. Good luck.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #8

Yeah, that's one of the hard parts.

Now looking at the Mesa area as the buses go through there.

Eyeing the Twin Palms RV Park. Good rates and right in the middle of everything!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #9

Have you looked at www.campgroundreviews.com?
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #10

Well, I'm finding that most all are 55+ parks and don't want to talk to you.

I called that Tiffany RV Park place and got the snottiest stuck up guy 'Bobby' on the phone. Kept belittling the fact that our rig was old and said that "even a 2003 is really old for my park" and "send pictures of it to my email and I'll see if it's something I want in my park"... what an ass. First place on this entire trip that I've gotten attitude like that.

I think we'll be staying at one of these as they all seem to have good overall reviews:
http://twinpalmsrv.com/index.html
http://arizonacowboyrvpark.com/
http://www.montevistaresort.com/index.php
http://www.silveridge.com/

Long as they have an opening and don't mind non-seniors living there <rolls eyes>
Old 10-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #11

Sorry to hear you got attitude of owner at Tiffany , let us know how it goes at twin palms , we are heading to that area next week
jimmyjnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #12

Great! Will do. We'll be arriving in the Phoenix/Mesa area Sunday or Monday. Depends how cool Colorado is!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #13

The Maricopa County parks are extremely nice but would be kind of far from job hunting on a bike. Usery county park in near the Mesa area. Lost Dutchman State Park is in Apache Junction. Do consider renting a car for a couple weeks to look for that job. Good Luck!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #14

Our home is boulder Colorado , where a outs are you
jimmyjnr is offline   Reply With Quote