Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2014, 05:26 AM   #1

Golden Age National Park Pass??

I found I cant use this card in Louisiana because I live in Missouri! Is there a site or information out there as to where I can and cant use it because I am from Missouri??
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2014, 05:36 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
You should be able to use it nationwide at Federal facilities. It does not apply to state facilities.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 05:37 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
U.S. National Park Service "America the Beautiful“ The National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Pass Series. There are no individual State restrictions on the America the Beautiful pass program that I am aware of (we sell them all the time as volunteers). Can you tell us specifically where and why you were turned away?
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 05:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
U.S. National Park Service "America the Beautiful“ The National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Pass Series. There are no individual State restrictions on the America the Beautiful pass program that I am aware of (we sell them all the time as volunteers). Can you tell us specifically where and why you were turned away?
Grand Isle State Park! So there is a difference in State and Federal parks?

The gal there told me if I was from MO I cant use it.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:51 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
Grand Isle State Park! So there is a difference in State and Federal parks? The gal there told me if I was from MO I cant use it.
Well, you wouldn't be able to use the Golden Age pass at a MO State Park either. The America The Beautiful program is for National Parks and other Federally managed locations.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Well, you wouldn't be able to use the Golden Age pass at a MO State Park either. The America The Beautiful program is for National Parks and other Federally managed locations.
So help a country boy out here, the difference is state and federal? Where can I find Federal camp sites?
Old 12-14-2014, 06:05 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
So help a country boy out here, the difference is state and federal? Where can I find Federal camp sites?
Try here: Federal recreation, camping and tour reservation information - Recreation.gov
Old 12-14-2014, 06:06 AM   #8

Quote:

But ...

From Louisiana State Park FAQ:

" Visitors who hold an America the Beautiful Pass (or already have a Golden Age/Golden Access Passport) and whose home State Park system honor the America the Beautiful passes for overnight discounts, are entitled to a 50% reduction on camping fees at Louisiana State Parks. (Passport holders are allowed one site per passport)."
Old 12-14-2014, 06:29 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
It is a Federal Parks pass. Some states reciprocate with park discounts to holders Golden Age Passes, other do not.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #10

Anything you find on www.Recreation.gov
All Army Corp. campgrounds, national parks, etc.

State parks are not federally funded. Last year when the government shutdown happened, all FEDERAL campgrounds closed. Our reservation was cancelled. So we went to the state park at the other side of the mountain.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #11

Quote:
I found I cant use this card in Louisiana because I live in Missouri! Is there a site or information out there as to where I can and cant use it because I am from Missouri??
homeless
Since 2010 LA only honors the Golden Age Park Pass for LA residents and residents of a state that also honors the pass.

A list of RV campgrounds that do honor the Golden Age Pass would be nice.
I've driven to 3 National Forest campgrounds that were run by "private concessionaires" who refused to honor the pass.

Believe me I will be "staying tuned" to this thread.

Mel
'96 Safari, (from WI)
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #12

Wow! We stayed in national forest campgrounds 3/4 of our time and even with concessionaires we could always use our pass. I'm wondering which ones didn't allow it.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:12 PM   #13

Sent a PM
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:15 PM   #14

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
I've driven to 3 National Forest campgrounds that were run by "private concessionaires" who refused to honor the pass.
Yep, they're not required to honor the passes as part of their contract with the gov't.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national