Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Golf cart friendly Rv camping resorts

Hello all,

Happy 2013 spring camping season. I hope there is someone that can provide some insight to help me locate some rv communities in the warmer climate during the cooler parts of the year, clearly the southern states. I would like to only take my motorcycle and golf cart, but would like to be able to drive the golfcart on the roads to the store. I know there are communities out there to be able to do this. I would appreciate any information.....Thank you

Chuck

2016 Jayco Precept
cbialeckisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2013, 12:38 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Google and Bing: Golf Cart friendly cities.
There are golf carts and street legal golf carts. Some cities are making ordnances allowing elec golf carts to ride on sidewalks like Palm Springs.
I use my golf cart within the campground, Quartzsite, and at bike and RV rallies. Saddle bags and a back seat of my harley carry groceries when I go shopping.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbialeckisr View Post
Hello all,

..... I would like to only take my motorcycle and golf cart,....

Chuck
Just to let you know that MCs are not welcome in many RV Resorts and CGs. Some people who ride love the noise of NOISY pipes while others hate the sound. Safest bet is to call whatever place you're interested in and ask. The only place we saw people running around in golf carts in Marion County FL was in the area of The Villages. We didn't see any at all in Sarasota or Bradenton, SilverSprings or Cedar Keys.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
Just to let you know that MCs are not welcome in many RV Resorts and CGs.
Where would "many" be?

Look at Pelican Lake... a little far for the store trip in the cart but there are "many" golf carts and bikes there including several Boss Hoss's.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
Where would "many" be?
Those would be the private RV resorts and CGs. The SPs and NPs and COEs just about all allow MCs. We know Ben's Hitching Post, a private CG in Silver Springs allows them because we already asked. But that would be a little far from the stores for a golf cart.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:56 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Thanks everyone for your advice. have a good day....

2016 Jayco Precept
cbialeckisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have never seen or heard of an RV park not admitting or discriminating against anyone with a motorcycle.
milasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
I have never seen or heard of an RV park not admitting or discriminating against anyone with a motorcycle.
The park in which we had a "permanent" site for many years, back in WI, banned motorcycles.

I have no objection to motorcycles, not even a "stock" Harley, but many, if not most, will replace the stock exhaust with something much louder, to be "cool". These emit a noise that would get a car pulled over by Johny law, the driver given a ticket for violation of excessive noise ordinances. It is not cool, it is anoying to most of the civilized world, (and it's ruining your hearing - none of my concern).

It's like pet owners that won't clean up after their dog. A few bad actors can ruin it for all.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #9

I know that some of the campgrounds in Myrtle beach make you park your bike outside the campground where you come in and won't let you ride them inside the camping area.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #10

Recently read an entire thread on Mcs and CGs. Good info and even lists names and locations.

I have a 2002 Ford ThinK/Neighbor. A little larger the a golf cart but is registered as an automobile complete with title and tags. Several CGs, especially State and Federal prohibit golf carts but, cannot ban legit vehicles. A couple of times we have had to show the registration and proof of insurance, after that we were good to go. Great car with a 35 mile range and 25 mph (legal) top speed. Can be made to go faster but why?
Old 04-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
No ****, live and learn.
milasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm thinking an electric car makes a great Toad if you can find one light enough to tow 4 down. The Leaf is not approved and over 3,200 lbs.

Now just get someone to get the regenerative braking to work when going downhill behind the RV.

On the golf cart question, Green Valley Arizona (55+ community) allows golf carts on the streets and has at least one RV park. I have relatives that live in a stick and bricks in town; rentals and ownership includes access to pools, golf courses, wood shop, activity center, and such. The RV park isn't well reviewed.

The town I am in allows neighborhood vehicles (basically an upgraded, licensed golf cart) but if I owned one I could not drive out of town.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #13

We haul ours inside a trailer........with other stuff too.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
The only problem I've had with my Motorcycle is in Myrtle Beach but there is nothing there but traffic and gridlock . I personally stay away from Myrtle Beach. As far as any other campgrounds I have ran across none that have not allowed my very loud Harley idle in idle out. I have found a lot of motorcycle haters, dog haters, and children haters on this site. I have also found a lot of good reasonable people on this site and have gained a lot from being a member.
rdkng88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping