Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2014, 10:46 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
If doing Moab and Monument Valley, the North Rim is on the way there, and not to be missed!
Just saw that Op was going to canyon in May. Be great time to see North Rim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #16

PH89,
Doing to head there on Friday. Have a 40' coach. Do you have suggestion on location/site I should ask for? I would like to be able to use my directv. How long did it take you to hike to the bottom?

Thanks

mgosselin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgosselin View Post
PH89,
Doing to head there on Friday. Have a 40' coach. Do you have suggestion on location/site I should ask for? I would like to be able to use my directv. How long did it take you to hike to the bottom?

Thanks
If I was to go again I would ask for site#76, that is the site in my photo. My direct TV worked just fine in that spot. We did not hike to the bottom this trip, maybe next time. Talked to other that did, full day to the bottom, stay at the ranch in the bottom, hike back out the next day or maybe stay down there a couple of days and hike and horse back around.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgosselin View Post
PH89, Doing to head there on Friday. Have a 40' coach. Do you have suggestion on location/site I should ask for? I would like to be able to use my directv. How long did it take you to hike to the bottom? Thanks
Ok. Sites are most all pull thru. Plenty big. Saw a couple 42+ footers pulling jeeps.

Walked to bottom down the Kaibab trail in 6 hours. Stayed at Phantom Ranch overnight. Then hiked out the Bright Angel Trail. In 9 hours

I am 65 year old in good health but never hiked or back backed in my life. Wasn't too bad going down but really tuff coming up.

May do it again next year but I'll probably train a little for it next time. Lol

Russell
Old 02-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Walked to bottom down the Kaibab trail in 6 hours. Stayed at Phantom Ranch overnight. Then hiked out the Bright Angel Trail. In 9 hours I am 65 year old in good health but never hiked or back backed in my life. Wasn't too bad going down but really tuff coming up. May do it again next year but I'll probably train a little for it next time. Lol Russell
There is a sign at the top of the Bright Angel Trail. It reads:

Down is optional, UP is mandatory.
ChileRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:18 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileRick View Post
There is a sign at the top of the Bright Angel Trail. It reads: Down is optional, UP is mandatory.
Not sure if the picture loaded?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1424045843.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	288.6 KB
ID:	55788  
Old 02-10-2014, 08:29 PM   #21

No worries, the North Rim is not open until May 15th and closes October 15th except for day use until 1st snow fall or December 1