Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2018, 10:20 AM   #1

Grand Teton NP?

What exactly is it to do there if we are not into hiking? I am looking at staying at Dubois and right now I am thinking only three nights which I think would be plenty of time for driving around to see the sights. We are heading hear after staying at Yellowstone for seven nights.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2018, 11:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
What exactly is it to do there if we are not into hiking? I am looking at staying at Dubois and right now I am thinking only three nights which I think would be plenty of time for driving around to see the sights. We are heading hear after staying at Yellowstone for seven nights.
From the Web - https://we3travel.com/what-to-do-in-grand-tetons/

Images - https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...IUElxcHKqdcsM: With images like these grab a chair, Pour an Adult beverage , sit back and just enjoy. It changes all day long with some special color in the Early AM and the Last thing in the PM.

Three days should be fine,

Best of Luck,

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #3

Just went through there. I'd also suggest a partial or even full day exploring Jackson. A quaint little town for sure.
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:17 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Boat ride across Jenny Lake
Float trip down the Snake River - from Jackson Lodge or Flagg Ranch. Also available out of Moose/Dornan’s
Hang out on the deck at Jackson Lodge
Tram ride - Jackson Hole Ski Area
Day in Jackson
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTransplant View Post
Boat ride across Jenny Lake
Float trip down the Snake River - from Jackson Lodge or Flagg Ranch. Also available out of Moose/Dornan’s
Hang out on the deck at Jackson Lodge
Tram ride - Jackson Hole Ski Area
Day in Jackson
I actually did a float trip on the Snake river about 35+ years ago. I have pictures of a family of ducks swimming back upstream as we float downstream. I don't remember where we left from.

At that time I was young enough to take off running with my tripod in Yellowstone to take pictures.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:31 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
In the Teton's you have to do the Bar J Chuckwagon dinner show...It's a must !!!

Bar J Chuckwagon Dinner Show

Just west of Jackson
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:35 PM   #7

We spent a couple of nights in Dubois at the Longhorn RV ranch before doing Yellowstone last summer, If you are not into hiking then Grand Tetons National park is basically what is listed above there are a few miles of spectacular scenery driving, the visitors center is ok, but nothing much different than any of the main visitor centers in Yellowstone. The driving is all easy flat land driving in the valley around the lake and in front of the mountains where they suddenly shoot up into the sky. The drive over the pass from Dubios is a nice prelude to the national parks as well with a number of scenic pull outs, I can't say anything about Jackson as we did not make it down there when in the area last year..
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #8

Good lake trout fishing can hire a boat and all the tackle, or a boat ride for those who don't fish
Melvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We stayed 8 nights at the Gros Ventre National Park Campground. It is located about 10 minutes from both the GT Visitor Center and the town of Jackson. The full service campgrounds in downtown Jackson were over $100 a night.

Gros Ventre Campground (Electric $53) or ($38.50 per night for Golden Age/Interagency Senior or Golden Access/Interagency Access campers)

Or, dry sites for $29 ( $14.50 per night for Golden Age/Interagency Senior or Golden Access/Interagency Access campers )

Good chance to see Moose walking thru the campground. Grand Teton pics (Late May 2017)
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
We stayed 8 nights at the Gros Ventre National Park Campground. It is located about 10 minutes from both the GT Visitor Center and the town of Jackson. The full service campgrounds in downtown Jackson were over $100 a night.

Gros Ventre Campground (Electric $53) or ($38.50 per night for Golden Age/Interagency Senior or Golden Access/Interagency Access campers)

Or, dry sites for $29 ( $14.50 per night for Golden Age/Interagency Senior or Golden Access/Interagency Access campers )

Good chance to see Moose walking thru the campground. Grand Teton pics (Late May 2017)
I was considering the Colter Bay Village RV Park which has full hookups and Longhorn Ranch. The Colter Bay Village would be closer to some things than the Longhorn Ranch would be. Some recent reviews was not very good for Colter Bay and there are no 2018 reviews for Longhorn.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:28 PM   #11

If you're not going to hike.... and there are some beautiful short, easy ones, and if you're only going to stay 3 days...… then choose the closest campground to things you want to see. For the 3 you don't even need hookups. We love Gros Ventre campground in Teton NP for our 40' MH.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
In the Teton's you have to do the Bar J Chuckwagon dinner show...It's a must !!!

Bar J Chuckwagon Dinner Show

Just west of Jackson

X2 on Bar J. It’s a don’t miss.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
If you're not going to hike.... and there are some beautiful short, easy ones, and if you're only going to stay 3 days...… then choose the closest campground to things you want to see. For the 3 you don't even need hookups. We love Gros Ventre campground in Teton NP for our 40' MH.
We may do some short hikes. My wife's idea of roughing it is having 30 amp instead of 50 amp power. Plus we will have a small dog with us that will need heat or a/c while we are not there.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:36 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Some recent reviews was not very good for Colter Bay
We stayed at Coulter Bay last year and loved it. Right in the middle for sight seeing, only 40 minutes to Jackson Hole.

Jim