RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2020, 08:43 AM   #1

Grand Tetons Coulter Bay Village RV Park ?

We are making a trip to Coulter Bay Village and RV Park from North Carolina this summer. We would like to see images of the RV park itself taken from people who have stayed there. Along with thier impressions of the Village and RV park. There are a lot of images of the place on line , but very few show the camp sites themselevs. Thank you in advance for any help on this .

Jim T.

jturner9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2020, 09:00 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturner9 View Post
We are making a trip to Coulter Bay Village and RV Park from North Carolina this summer. We would like to see images of the RV park itself taken from people who have stayed there. Along with thier impressions of the Village and RV park. There are a lot of images of the place on line , but very few show the camp sites themselevs. Thank you in advance for any help on this .

Jim T.
Did you look at these - https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...4dUDCAY&uact=5

Busskipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:09 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
You can see each campsite here:

https://www.campsitephotos.com/campg...wy/colter-bay/
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:22 AM   #4

Thanks Busskipper. I have seen those from my Google searches. Thank you though.
Jim T
Old 01-12-2020, 09:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
I went ahead and joined that site. Wish I had known about it sooner. It seems to be a very helpful site. Thank you for that and your fast reply.

Now these are new to me and are just what I was looking for. Now all I need is opions of the place. Sort of reviews. I have read the reviews on here, but there are not very many.
Still you link has what I was looking for. Thank you so much.

This is our first trip west of the Mississippi camping and excited we are . I have been to WY and CO at times working but never to camp and enjoy the lands.

Jim T
Old 01-12-2020, 09:29 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
The campground is excellent, although some sites are tight, especially for a big rig. The area is incredible, can't get enough of it.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:50 AM   #7
WiFiRanger Ambassador

Official iRV2 Sponsor

We stayed there ~5 years ago in a 40' MH. Getting in and out wasa bit tight but I'm not as uptight about branches touching my coach as are some. You simply can't beat the location if you want to spend time seeing Teton NP. Nothing else comes close IMO.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:00 AM   #8

Quote:
I went ahead and joined that site. Wish I had known about it sooner. It seems to be a very helpful site. Thank you for that and your fast reply.

Now these are new to me and are just what I was looking for. Now all I need is opions of the place. Sort of reviews. I have read the reviews on here, but there are not very many.
Still you link has what I was looking for. Thank you so much.

This is our first trip west of the Mississippi camping and excited we are . I have been to WY and CO at times working but never to camp and enjoy the lands.

Jim T
Tim,

If I might be so bold as to suggest you also look here, One more place you may enjoy would likely be the San Juan's in SouthWest Colorado - while not a National Park it is Just amazing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/michae...n/photostream/

https://www.pbase.com/sparker1/root%26view=tree

Old 01-12-2020, 10:04 AM   #9

Careful, there are two Colter Bay camping options.

The campground itself, which is first come first serve with no hookups, and the RV park which is full hookups and by reservations.

Most online photos show the campground. It was confusing to us when researching.

We’re booked at the RV park for 5 days this June.
Tdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:06 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
Thatís the no-hookups campground, across the street from the RV park. Two different places.
Tdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:22 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
Tim,

If I might be so bold as to suggest you also look here, One more place you may enjoy would likely be the San Juan's in SouthWest Colorado - while not a National Park it is Just amazing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/michae...n/photostream/

https://www.pbase.com/sparker1/root%26view=tree

Busskipper

We both stopped working this past year and now want to use or new 2670 Grand Design and travel a bit out West and North East .
While we have good health we want to get in as much as we can. We hope to stay in good health for a long time so we can enjoy this great country we have . We have always had short trips a week or two at most and only in the South East. Work kept us tied down. Now all we need is a good house sitter and away we will go. We really are excited and ready to go. There is so much to see and do in this land. Mind Boggling really.

Thank you for your extra links. They will come in to play with many others. First we hit the Tetons because my parents went on many trips out there and raved about the Tetons. If my father was talking about it ( BEING SOMETHING TO SEE ) then they really must be. He went all around the world much as I have and if he raves about a place it is somewhere I have to see . That and so many other places I want to see.

Jim T

By the way the 2nd link has some really great images. WOW.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
The campground is excellent, although some sites are tight, especially for a big rig. The area is incredible, can't get enough of it.

Thank you for the input. Just what were looking for. Folks who have been to there and done that.

Thanks
Jim T
Old 01-12-2020, 10:34 AM   #13

Quote:
Busskipper

We both stopped working this past year and now want to use or new 2670 Grand Design and travel a bit out West and North East .
While we have good health we want to get in as much as we can. We hope to stay in good health for a long time so we can enjoy this great country we have . We have always had short trips a week or two at most and only in the South East. Work kept us tied down. Now all we need is a good house sitter and away we will go. We really are excited and ready to go. There is so much to see and do in this land. Mind Boggling really.

Thank you for your extra links. They will come in to play with many others. First we hit the Tetons because my parents went on many trips out there and raved about the Tetons. If my father was talking about it ( BEING SOMETHING TO SEE ) then they really must be. He went all around the world much as I have and if he raves about a place it is somewhere I have to see . That and so many other places I want to see.

Jim T
I get it - We watched the Granddaughters while the DIL did - https://www.google.com/search?q=teto...w=1536&bih=760 - the teton Crest Trail - for a week - was Extreme - but she is Amazing and Loved it - all Girls Hike team - not my style but think that's why they love Colorado.

Tetons are Amazing - after that Maybe Glacier - but Colorado and Marron Bells - and the San Juan's/Alpine Loop/Ouray/Telluride/Silverton will take your Breath away - Good Boots - Layers - Floppy Hat - Sunglasses and sunscreen - Breathable rain Gear are all critical.

Just to keep you going.........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tetons with empty parking lot.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	272041   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tetons.jpg
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	272042  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tetons across the lake 2.jpg
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	272043   Click image for larger version

Name:	yellostone in parking lot.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	272044  

Old 01-12-2020, 10:35 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
We stayed there ~5 years ago in a 40' MH. Getting in and out wasa bit tight but I'm not as uptight about branches touching my coach as are some. You simply can't beat the location if you want to spend time seeing Teton NP. Nothing else comes close IMO.
Doc J

Thank you for the informational tips. We have a 30ft TT with 2 slides.
I hope to fit just about anywhere we go. Although I will look for tree limbs and such. Would hate to replace one of the AC units up top .

Jim T

Tags
rv park