Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Grapevine Tx

We just made a reservation at the Vineyards CG for 5 days in mid May and looking for ideas on what to do there. Saw some info on a train that goes to the Fort Worth Stockyards on weekends. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #2

Cliff - we just left that campground this morning. Many of the sites are not level so if you have a chance you may want to call back and ask about the specific site and possibly get a level one. The hosts we talked to were RV'rs and easy to get along with. We were part of a retirees group and the group did take the train ride from Grapevine to the Fort Worth Stockyards. Overall the trip was good - not a lot of scenery - fences & back yards but entertaining. No food or beverage was served on the train but they did have the Sheriff and a bad guy shootout. Also it was an all day trip and not back until after 6 PM. There are winery tours (we did not do that but members of the group that did do it really enjoyed). We did do a tour of the Dallas Cowboys stadium and that was GREAT. Lots of walking but very informative and I'm not even a football fan. The campground is very large and has plenty of space between camp sites. Be aware there is a LOT OF HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION going on in that area so take it easy.
Safe Travels
Bob

1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #3

We live about 4 miles from the Vineyards CG, nice place. There is lots to do in the area, a lot depends on what you like. Bass Pro is a few miles east, Cabelas a few miles west. Grapevine Main Street is an interesting place to hang out. As mentioned there are winery tours available. All kinds of lake activities. The Book Depository Kennedy Museum in Dallas is interesting as is Cowtown in Fort Worth. If you like baseball taking in a Rangers game is always fun.

If you have specific interests let me know and I'll try to help.

Dale
05 Country Coach Inspire
Old 05-04-2012, 04:55 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Bob and Dale. Good start. I'll be there for five days and I'm sure we'll enjoy the area.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well, you better plan on coming to see me for sure! That will be a grand sight seeing excursion!! Coming to see Kent and his dogs.....what else could DFW hold?

Seriously though, lots of good ideas, Cowboys Stadium here in Arlington has guided tours, very interesting. Ballpark in Arlington, Billy Bob's in Fort Worth, the Grassy Knoll (JFK Site) in Dallas, if you liked the show Dallas, the original house they shot is up in Plano. The Fort Worth Arts District, including Bass Hall and downtown Fort Worth is a great place to go spend an afternoon.
Fort Worth Texas Things To Do - Shopping, Nightlife, Western Experience, Museums - Official Fort Worth Convention and Visitors Bureau

U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing - Fort Worth, TX Tours

Billy Bob's Texas | The World's Largest Honky Tonk

Tours

Dallas Events / Events in Dallas-Fort Worth - GuideLive.com

Tours of Southfork Ranch Parker Texas, NE Dallas

Frisco Texas Official Convention & Visitors Site - Frisco Vacation Guide, Frisco Hotels, Attractions, Restaurants, Sports | Visit Frisco, TX

Arlington TX | Arlington Hotels, Restaurants, Things To Do & Cowboys Stadium Information | Arlington.org

Reunion Tower

Hope you find something to do here.....oh, and go to downtown Dallas to the Reunion Tower/Hyatt rotating restauraunt/observation lounge...its great, get in the elevator and press one of three buttons 'O' for Observation Lounge 'R' for Restaurant and my favorite 'C' for Cocktails
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #6

On the train now robbers hold up the train (not real robbers)
Old 05-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Kent. We are looking forward to seeing you. We'll also be sure to go to a few of the spots you mentioned. We moved up our reservation one day. Arriving on the 11th and departing on the 16th. Oh, and bring me a bag of money when you visit.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Thanks Kent. We are looking forward to seeing you. We'll also be sure to go to a few of the spots you mentioned. We moved up our reservation one day. Arriving on the 11th and departing on the 16th. Oh, and bring me a bag of money when you visit.
You know, I am home most weekends throughout the year, but this is one weekend I am flying to see my niece and nephew graduate in Lakin, KS. on the 11th out of DFW. New service to Garden City (Can you believe it--non stop service from DFW to GCK ) so I've never flown that route in the 20 years I've lived here. The nearest major airports to GCK are Wichita, Amarillo and Colorado Springs. So this is a real treat to be able to fly 1.5 hours and be back in home town SW Kansas. However, I do get back Sunday early evening and will take some time off Monday or Tuesday to come see y'all with the babies!

Will talkatcha soon, Cliff....and btw, I was bringing an empty bag so you could fill it up with your money.....If I had your money, I'd burn mine!

Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote