Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2015, 07:31 PM   #15

Great Smokey Mountains Great Outdoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiefan View Post
Hi Walter! I hope you enjoy Great Outdoors. I'll be arriving there on July 11 so our stays will overlap a few days. Thanks for telling the CG staff that I referred you! Let me know how it works out for you! I'll look you up when we arrive.

Regards,
Aggiefan , We have arrived at The Great Outdoors , The park is neat and the sites are level . The staff are pleasant and helpful . The only negatives are , The site that we are on (24 ) backs up to Hwy.441 alternate and the traffic noise is quite loud. Also there is no reception for our Verizon phones . We have reception if we go into Franklin . Nothing that we can't live with .

Walter Furniss
2007 Discovery 39V

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2015, 08:38 AM   #16

Hi Walter, glad to hear you arrived safely. Hopefully, you can move to a different site that is quieter! Enjoy your stay!

Aggiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:49 PM   #17

great smokey mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiefan View Post
Hi Walter! I hope you enjoy Great Outdoors. I'll be arriving there on July 11 so our stays will overlap a few days. Thanks for telling the CG staff that I referred you! Let me know how it works out for you! I'll look you up when we arrive.

Regards,
Carolyn mentioned to Ron (The park Owner) that the noise from the road was annoying . The park is full and there is no site to move to , but on
6/28/15 Ron is moving us to a much quieter site . So all is well .

Walter Furniss
2007 Discovery 39V
Old 06-24-2015, 07:15 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
I would not drive a MH or pull a trailer of any size on 19 for any distance, particularly between Maggie and Cheroikee, or on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Use 23/74/441, and you'll be just fine, even if you have to go a round about way between Maggie and Cherokee......

Nor do I think it is either wise, or courteous to others to take any larger size MH, TT, or 5th wheel on 441 through the park between Cherokee and Gatlinburg. I saw several, including a tag axle DP smoking his brakes, and holding up 20 cars going down into Cherokee. I know it makes it a short trip, just do not think it is appropriate to do so........

I pull a toad over from Cherokee to gatlinburg all the time and I have never held up traffic I'll push cars up and down generally it's the slow car leaf lookers that cause the problems.