Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2016, 09:04 AM   #15

Not to change the subject but we go to Alabama several time a year for extended periods with our large dog. I get tired of having to step around the dog crap and having digs run at me. Glad you pick up and control your dog like we do but the rules are there because a lot of people do not.

Take care and visit Dolphine island it is nice and should meet what you are looking for. In the off season it is pretty open.

Trapperbob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2016, 10:34 AM   #16

Looked at them. They are proud of it. Over $100 a night.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:05 PM   #17

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperbob11 View Post
Not to change the subject but we go to Alabama several time a year for extended periods with our large dog. I get tired of having to step around the dog crap and having digs run at me. Glad you pick up and control your dog like we do but the rules are there because a lot of people do not.

Take care and visit Dolphine island it is nice and should meet what you are looking for. In the off season it is pretty open.
Have to agree about A LOT of people not cleaning up after their dogs. It ruins it for the responsible pet owners unfortunately. If I see someone walking away more than once without cleaning up, well... Let's just say the "Jersey" comes out & I hand them a bag along with a wise ass remark.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishgeo View Post
Looked at them. They are proud of it. Over $100 a night.
The very few places that are on the Gulf are about $100-$130 a night or $750 for the week in off season (after August 8th) in the panhandle area. Further south, there is no "off season". They can set their prices because they ARE right on the beach & as far as I know there's only 3 campgrounds on the entire Gulf Coast that can say that. If you find one though for under a $100 PLEASE let me know, I'll book 2 weeks in a heartbeat!!! The Gulf of Mexico & it's beaches are amazing & definitely worth the extra money.
Old 09-10-2016, 04:02 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Not really Alabama or Mississippi, but you might consider St George Island on the Florida panhandle. I've been going there for almost 30 years and it's a wonderful, non-commercial, old-Florida kind of place. Couple stores, couple bars, and miles of beautiful beaches. My idea of a crowded beach is another couple 50 yards away.

The RV park there is nice. I have not stayed there, but we've been through it. The only drawback is it's close to the state park beach where dogs are not allowed. HOWEVER if you go down the road just a little ways to the residential section, they are allowed and the beaches are just as nice and not crowded. And being the residential section, most folks pick up after their pets.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:52 AM   #20

Old 09-10-2016, 09:18 AM   #21

I have to say though, my grandmother lived on the Gulf Coast for 30 years & up until her death 7 years ago at age 95, went to & enjoyed going to the beach 2 or 3 times a week. I loved taking her to her favorite beach every time I visited & cherish those memories. If you have a problem with Senior Citizens, Florida should be the last place for you to vacation... Your comment about "allowing 80 year old people on the beach & not dogs" & then "80 year olds taking a dump" was not nice.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:32 AM   #22
Just south of Twin Cities

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Yea but they are more likely to take a dump on the beach than my dogs.
That is insulting in many ways my friend. Can you really give an account where you have observed this?
Toad 2012 VW Passat Diesel
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:47 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
That is insulting in many ways my friend. Can you really give an account where you have observed this?
Thought I was the only one that thought so also. Totally not cool...
Old 09-10-2016, 01:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Yea Florida sucks. They allow 80 year old people in swimsuits in the beach but not dogs.
With that attitude, I hope you stay away.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:22 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
OP needs to stay camping in myrtle beach. He/she will be much happier and so will the folks in Florida.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:27 PM   #26

Go to camp gulf. Great place
Old 09-11-2016, 08:56 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHeffernan View Post
Go to camp gulf. Great place
He can't because it's too expensive, his dogs aren't allowed on the beach & he has a problem with Senior Citizens.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:30 AM   #28

Quote:
Yea Florida sucks. They allow 80 year old people in swimsuits in the beach but not dogs.

tdst51 is offline   Reply With Quote