Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #1

gulf shores al

Any one spent the winter months in gulf shores?
ixtapamayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #2

No, but I sure would like to.
Rockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Nice place. We're same latitude, just 430 miles west. Cheaper than Florida and weather is quite acceptable. Your question reminds me of the Canadian on this forum who asked how to winterize his coach, "Just drive till you cross I-10 and find a place to park."
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #4

Spent a week just up the road in Perdido Key,Fl. Nice little park called PlayaDelRio....had a great time at the Florabama bar.
Rockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #5

Gulf Shores

I am working at a campground that is in Foley Alabama - location wise it is 7 miles from the outlet stores (Tanger) - about 10 miles to the beaches. This park was closed for 3 years and the new owner is bringing it around. New rec hall/laundry/bathrooms. Sites are very large - all grass but solid ground (I have a 40' Coach and my jacks don't dent the grass. Extremely clean - catering to seniors - no playground or pool. Excellent free WIFI - 30/50 AMP - full hook ups at $385 a month - no extra charge for anything. Pensacola is approximately 30 miles straight down Rte 98 - everything you need (Walmart/fast food/Lamberts famous throwed rolls/etc) all within 10 miles. All in the middle of farm land so very quiet and peaceful - PM me or check the website Home Page
Retired MCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired MCPO View Post
I am working at a campground that is in Foley Alabama - location wise it is 7 miles from the outlet stores (Tanger) - about 10 miles to the beaches. This park was closed for 3 years and the new owner is bringing it around. New rec hall/laundry/bathrooms. Sites are very large - all grass but solid ground (I have a 40' Coach and my jacks don't dent the grass. Extremely clean - catering to seniors - no playground or pool. Excellent free WIFI - 30/50 AMP - full hook ups at $385 a month - no extra charge for anything. Pensacola is approximately 30 miles straight down Rte 98 - everything you need (Walmart/fast food/Lamberts famous throwed rolls/etc) all within 10 miles. All in the middle of farm land so very quiet and peaceful - PM me or check the website Home Page
Were you by any chance working at the new facility at Navarre earlier this year?
Old 11-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have stayed at the ESCAPEES' park (Rainbow Plantation) which is located in Summerdale. It can get cold at times during the winter months, so if you are looking for warmer weather, then south FL or south TX is your best bet.

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #8

dennis hutch

spent a winter on dauphin island alabama great place both campgrounds we stayed at were good but the island owned one is best deal great golf course very reasonable rates can get cool at night but worth checking out
dennis hutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #9

Brockx - No we just finished up 3 months in SC (golf course) and before that Orlando for 18 months.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #10

Owner putting pads on sites next week - 1 December will be ready to go.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
we used to live about 15 minutes from there
great great place to hang your hat, great food down in orange beach as well
oh man oh man the fresh seafood.

that area of lower alabama is wonderful and winters can be freaking cold, but not usually or for long
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote