Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2014, 09:45 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gulf Shores Recommendations

Hello again, this time I need some advice on where to stay in Gulf Shores. If you have landed your motor home in a dandy place, please make some suggestions. The Gulf Shores State Park looks pretty good, but their pickins' are a little slim. We plan to go in July and stay for a few days. Also, give us some suggestions on "must do" things and "must see" things. We look forward to meeting you all at Myrtle Beach. Thanks again.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2014, 09:49 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We just spent a week at Perdido Cove RV Resort just across the state line from Alabama. Nice resort, quiet with a nice pool and access to the Intercoastal Waterway. Public Beaches are less than a mile away and we enjoyed them. Rode our bikes to the National Seashore, all the way to the end for an eight mile round trip. Lovely views on this trek.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:29 AM   #3

Luxury RV in Gulf Shores is centrally located and within walking distance of the beach and a lot of restaurants, it's nothing fancy but clean and functional. Bella Terra is inland a bit close to shopping in Foley but it's in the middle of nowhere and requires driving to anywhere you go but is very nice. The ultimate is Heritage Orange Beach, class A only and pricey but you won't find a nicer place or at least I've yet to see a nicer place.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 06-03-2014, 05:37 AM   #4

There are parks in FL on the water. Big Lagoon is not on the Gulf but on the intercostal waterway. The is a state park over the bridge to the beach. Ft Pickens is on the bay and Gulf. Be careful as some of the sites are small and you won't fit. If you have big bucks there is a campground on Pensacola beach near everything but out of my price range.
Ed-Helen pns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Depends upon what you are wanting out of Gulf Shores. We've stayed at Gulf Shores State park (loved it); Bella Terra (wonderful) and have reservations at Heritage for this weekend. Also understand several other places are nice - Island Retreat is surposed to be very nice. We also stayed at Lake Osprey in Elberta, AL ... again very nice. Lake Osprey if you want quiet ... nothing to do but cook out and lay by the pool and possibly fish a bit on the lake. Bella Terra if you want quiet, lay by the pool, shop at the outlet mall ... possibly visit the beach (but it is about 20 minutes away); Gulf Shores State Park - by the beach, hiking trails (lots of bugs); and I'm thinking Heritage will be wonderful - but we can only afford a couple of days there ... so Heritage if money is no object! Have fun!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi Sarge1965,
My pick of the litter is Gulf State Park.We have res.June 15th to at least 29th.This is really a great place.We have been there 5 other times and love it.They have great biking and jogging trails,tennis court ,big swimming pool,nature center and 3 or 4 play grounds ,golf course and no I don't have stock in the place we just like it there.Good Luck and Many safe travels.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #7

Don't forget to visit Lambert's, home of the throwed roll in Foley.
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Gulf Shores Recommendations

How is the Gulf Shores/Pensacola West KOA on Perdido Bay in Lilian, AL?
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #9

Out of the way
brabono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:37 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Anyone stay at Playa Del Rio?
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #11

I pass it every day. It is very convenient but don't think a lot of amenities. You do have great access to Ole River or Gulf but if you have small children not so sure. Never stayed there. Lots of things to do nearby by car.
brabono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:40 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I'm at Heritage MC right now in Orange Beach. Very nice, limited to class A and we are the poor boys on the block - but who cares! The sun is shinning, beautiful pool, grounds and marina!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1402227513.929486.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	64868

Here is OB - taken last night.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1402227581.705602.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	771.4 KB
ID:	64869

View from the pool

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1402227620.344982.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	499.2 KB
ID:	64870
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:12 PM   #13

Does Bella Terra allow Class C's? I get the idea from their website that only Class A's are allowed??

We would like to visit Gulf Shores later this summer so these posts are very informative! Thanks!!
CampTBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #14

American Coach Owners Club
I will be at the Heritage 5th to the 12th of July my favorite spot but costly.
We enjoy the free bands at the Hangout on the beach, seeing the Blue Angles perform and the museum in Pensacola.

Eric
Green D is offline   Reply With Quote